Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / windwaker help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2003 21:08
ok i havent been able to play it much but now im on the verge of taking it back cos its annoying me so im gonna get help instead:

im on the bit where u goto the deku tree and he has little things all over him. How the hell do i knock them off. I keep trying stuff but now im just bored trying.
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2003 21:41
Dude, just roll into him, like when you want to destoy a crate.

Teenage Male Geek + Female Remotly Intersted in Common Geek Activities = Teenage Male Jackass
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2003 23:29
lol... you've had the game only a few days Maniac don't you think its a little soon to be asking for help?
and god it doesn't take that long at all to figure out most of the puzzles in it was kinda disappointing

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2003 00:35
@Maniac

Use the L button to enter lock-on mode, run up towards the Deku Tree (underneath his face, standing just slightly away from the tree), press A to roll into the Deku Tree. If you hit it, then the monster's will fall off.

Wind Waker is a very easy game, you shouldn't be stuck already.

If you are then you should have tried www.gamefaqs.com, there are probably already complete guides to Zelda:TWW

Current Project: TANK MELÉE [Artwork]

Do you want Windows menus in your DBP apps? - Get my plugin: http://snow.prohosting.com/~clone99/downloads/tpc_menus_101.zip
Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2003 01:16 Edited at: 8th May 2003 01:18
lol i dont try simple things. plus im not really enjoying it so im not giving it a chance. I cant find a game where you spend 20 minutes sailing between levels fun. I jjust need a 60Hz tv so i can try master quest

=>> EDIT =>> plus i tried that and it didnt work... grr i always get the faulty ones... ill give it another go. Im probably just retarded. Stupid thing is I normally complete all my comp games within the first day. With this one i havent had a chance cos i been so busy with school. But my usual tactic is to take it home, finish it, and take it back in the evening. GAME stores let you take games back within 10 days for whatever reason.
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2003 01:42
Ya, simple puzzles like that piss me off to, because my brother
gets them instantly, and I can't figure it out. Which is quite funny because he is a normal kid, and I am "enhanced" or "gifted" in school lol

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2003 09:10
Oh, I always stuck at the stupid parts, like in Wind Waker for example i was stuck in the first dungeon for over three hours becuase I didn't knoe you could rotate with the grapling rope. At least I make up for it by solving those real tough puzzles real fast.

Teenage Male Geek + Female Remotly Intersted in Common Geek Activities = Teenage Male Jackass
Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2003 14:56
lol arrow, thats what happens when you dont read what the people say to you.
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2003 16:25
"lol i dont try simple things. plus im not really enjoying it so im not giving it a chance. I cant find a game where you spend 20 minutes sailing between levels fun."

It takes about 5 minutes MAX to sail from one side of the sea to the other.

Do you want Windows menus in your DBP apps? - Get my plugin: http://snow.prohosting.com/~clone99/downloads/tpc_menus_101.zip
Shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2003 16:49
What about the island with the dragon on top. How do you get past the bit (just outside of the dungeon), where you've just edged past a flamey bit and there's a big rock?
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2003 18:16
You blow the big rock up using the bomb flowers which you have to water first. Maria gives you an empty water bottle to collect water in once you have helped her up to the ledge.

Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2003 18:40
hehe rob likes the game obviously... its more than just that. i think its because my taste in game has completely changed. dont take it too personally and remember your not paid to defend nintendo's precious game. I always loved zelda but there's something about this one... perhaps its just me, but im not the only one to mention it.
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2003 18:51
I love the new Zelda, personally I think that it isn't quite as good as OOT in some areas, but I prefer the way in which the dungeons have been done in TWW, in OOT all the rooms looked the same and it could get very confusing. On the other hand, the TWW islands are tiny, so there is none of the exploration aspect which made OOT such great fun.

The puzzles do require a bit more logic than some of the ones from the older Zelda games, but I agree with the Deku tree problem, rolling into the tree is so simple and inplausible that very few try it, and believe me, you're not the first to get stuck there - I spent a good 30 minutes working it out, and then thinking - is that it?

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2003 22:04
i like the new one, but they're all pretty short ... personally my favourite so far has be Mask of Majora, i know alot of people didn't like it (i'm still not sure why) but i just think that the way you play it and the fact its more based on thinking about a problem rather than diving headfirst was alot better than OOT.
TWW is cool, cept it is far too short - i mean i think i ended up completeing it within a matter of 5hrs, if that. It was a single evening atleast.
Whereas OOT took me the whole week right after it was released, almost non-stop playing ... i remember being bitched to about it but my family, and MoM took me a good few days - oftenly alot of attempts each time well time ran out

what i never got was if you went back in time all the time, how come you never met yourself? i mean surely by the end of the quest thered of been like 30-40links running around hehee

One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2003 22:27
"TWW is cool, cept it is far too short - i mean i think i ended up completeing it within a matter of 5hrs, if that. It was a single evening atleast"

Nintendo thinks that making shorter games is a clever idea. Everyone else disagrees.

5hrs is a good time for TWW on the first run-through. It might just be the way that you remember it though, once you have played OOT and Majora's Mask, you know how the logic of most Zelda puzzles goes, so you can complete it in much less time.

On a Ninty related topic, have you seen the latest Mario Kart screenies? Nintendo's texture artists seriously suck! (As in I have seen more impressive work by some members of the DB community) Mario Sunshine was kinda weird because it had fantastic special FX (eg: the goop), but some terrible texture work, and MK looks to continue the trend.

Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2003 00:33
i will give windwaker the credit you mentioned above, the dungeons are excellent. I really enjoyed the ones ive done so far. The only real snag i have is the sailing, and maybe the lack of exploration, or the fact that too explore between islands is quite difficult because you have to change the winds etc, not to mention find little fish to get your map nice and map-looking. and i cant get the hypoi pears working
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2003 02:11
Short games suck, two of my favorite games are over 50hrs long. I loved Majora's Mask, we need more games that make it feel like the world is real and not a stage. The lack of Exploration in Wind Waker really bugged me, considering how many heart peices they got to make up for the lack of levels. Oh well, I beat it a month ago, I might as well start on the "Second Quest". The only thing different about is you're outfit, your cammara, and a little bit of diolog.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2003 04:51
well i'm hoping come 2004 no-one is going to be disappointed with SpaceHulk
been working on this puppy for almost 3years now, with 2 other very dedicated people ... and the game itself though not exactly the longest game technically (36hrs is max time, then you autofail) the fact of what it is and the whole atmosphere given throughout the game, really makes it feel alot longer.

A recent playtest done on the new breeding centre upgrade, saw our playtest guy'n'girl come across an bunch of guys which were to put it delicately - being used as buffet's for the genestealers as well as jestation vessels (which took amanda by surprise, but i mean if you don't expect some touchs from alien(s) in then really should play something more timid like Resident Evil )
well the whole area is protected primarily by 2 genestealers and by this point your around 3-4hrs into the game, so they've learnt enough to stay alive and come up with some clever ways to kill you (however still pretty prone to moronic mistakes) ... well that whole section they're trying to retrieve something - and we got told that they'd play for like 5-10minutes and they'd feel like they've been on for an hour, its like they don't realise exactly how short what they're doing is

so far we have no ending, so can't tell you exactly how long it would take to finish ... alot more at the moment is the Cg updates (which have been going on for almost 7months now, my Cg Engine has helped it alot with atmospherics and i've got a new one i've only just started developing which will add realism that hopefully will just make you disbelieve your playing a game )
but the point is, with a game like that you can afford to have a short as hell title because they seem alot longer due to the fear factor, whereas Zelda is a more fun leaving you really wanting more - rather than shutting it away in a box and playing it 10years down the line when you've just gotten over the first play

i hope that the next one will be alot longer and preferably have more of an involving storyline - might just have been me, but the story in TWW was pretty weak.

AGamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2003 23:09
Did you here how it got released 2 day's eARLY IN ENGLAND AND

There's no game made for you except the one's made your self
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2003 23:16
Once you get farther into the game maniac you can use a song to warp you from place to place across the map, if you don't prefer sailing.

(Current)-Game entering concept art stages-
(progress)-Should have demo in 6 months latest-
(misc.)-Started modeling buildings and other objects-

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 21:03:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 21:03:41