Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] Relative Newcomer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Sometime ago I purchased the FPS creator for a few laughs. I'm in the military and it eats up your time. I have a spot of freetime now and I was wondering if anyone might be interested in some technical assistance with weapons/military based information.

I would love to see certain items make their way into games: Per example.
The MEU SOC (Marine Expeditionary Unit) 1911A1 Kimber Warrior
Various Models of the H&K line
The ability to mount optics, lights, grips, etc...
The Browning HP-35 MKIII
The AK-47 dressed out in TAPCO furniture
Realistic Uniforms for special units
Possibly a game where one goes through the selection process to join a special unit, including a kill house with paper targets...etc...
Taking out a plane full of Tangos
Adjustable scopes on sniper rifles
HWS's Holographic Weapon Sights like the Eotech
Boat and Helo insertions as well as HALO (High Altitude Low Opening) and HAHO (High Altitude High Opening)
Melee weapons such as folding knives with animations
The FN SCAR (New SOCOM Battle Rifle)
Realisitc Scenarios
As well I'd love to see units like DELTA or SEALs properly portrayed for once.
You get the idea, the list is long and distinguished.

I'm not saying I know everything but I have a vast knowledge that I'd love to put at anyones disposal. You can ask me here or email me at matthew_kodadek@yahoo.com.

Also anyone who'd like to see some good models for weapons this site has a plethora of pictures and information at your disposal http://world.guns.ru/main-e.htm
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2007 12:43
Quote: "I'm in the military"

Good man!

However, this thread might get locked. But you certainly know your weapons.

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2007 12:48
The FN SCAR (New SOCOM Battle Rifle)
has that been around for a couple years?

anyways, welcome to the forums, and yes i agree with jenkins, this will most likely get locked unless it has a point to it in the near future, not to be mean at all just saying

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 18th Feb 2007 16:34
Koda,

Your right. There are some great pics on the site. Thanks for that and for serving.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2007 18:01
yeah I use world guns myself for reference images. Is TAPCO like a rail system..?

Im afraid to say this will probably get locked. I can however recommend you post this at somewhere such as Ozarkgames. Theres a good cahnce Kieth (The owner) may allow some random discussion threads, but dont hold me to it.

Click here

Im working on an AK74 at the moment, so I may very well add rail system accesories.

Dan

Koda
Years of Service
User Offline
I apologize for FUBARing the forum. From now on I promise that I will assuredly have a point in any topic I post, thanks for the down low on that.

TAPCO is a company that makes tactical accessories for the FN FAL, AK-47, AR-15 (M-16/M-4) and the Ruger Mini-14 (based on the famed M-14 battle rifle) I own a Romanian AK-47 dressed out with TAPCO furniture: here's a link to their fine site http://www.tapco.com/

The FN SCAR (Special Forces Combat Assault Rifle) was developed after special operations personnel had issues with their currnet M-4 carbines. The initial M-16 design is fairly sound, it has a 13 inch gas tube to relieve internal pressure and allow sad gases to cool. The M-4 with a 14.5 inch barrel has a 7 inch gas tube, this as has caused an increase in pressure. It damages the reciever and the barrel, often magazines that will work in an M-16 will fail to work in an M-4, barrel life was shortened, and jams became a problem. Hence the goverment allowed SOCOM to field trials, several companies entered their products. H&K, Robinson, and a variety of companies that was relatively unheard of, the FN SCAR won in the end. (Sorry for the long winded explaination, I just think that the reason the weapon was developed is important) Anyone whose seen the FN FAL and FNC might recognize where it's design comes from http://world.guns.ru/assault/as70-e.htm

As for the rail system for the AK-47, here you go, this page has the AK shown with multiple parts and configurations http://www.gunaccessories.com/AK47/index.asp I'd love to see an AK with a tactical flashlight and a silencer...is there anyway it could be programmed so you could mount/dismount the silencer?

For anyone interested in special units from around the world and our own then here's a good link. http://specialoperations.com/default2.html I don't know if they've added Det-1, the new Marine SOCOM Detachment under Lt. Colonel Coates. http://www.globalspecialoperations.com/mcsocomdet1.html

I'd say I'd make some models but I've been there, tried it, and I am most certainly not an artist.

Anyone bored enough to care what I do, I'm currently a Bosun's Mate in the Navy. I had ambitions of going to BUDs before I tore up my right shoulder. After 2 happy years of physical therapy (therapists are sadists with licenses to practice) With only a few short months left of my current hitch and a conversation with an army Lt. Colonel wearing a Green Girl Scout hat and an 18D (Special Forces Medic) I decided that Army Special Forces is a better way to go. If I fail out of SEALs training I will go back to a ship, if I fail out of the Q-Course by which point I must be Airborne qualified I can go back to combat arms and jumping from planes.

Once again I apologize to the owner Keith for my breach of Protocal and ask for a thousand pardons on my behalf. I promise it will never happen again so long as I use this fie site.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2007 10:23
Quote: "I can however recommend you post this at somewhere such as Ozarkgames."

I agree.There has to be some forum over there that you can post this in.If not,let me know...I have my own board over there and you can post about your guns there if there's no other place on OG to post them.
ErrantAI,Smitho,Keith and the rest of the gun gurus will appreciate this.
BTW Keith helps run the OG site but he doesn't own this one.
If he does I am asking for a raise.
I have to lock this...rules are rules.
But that doesn't mean that your stuff is not good or intersting.
BTW...I know it has been said before...
This is for all of those that have served/are serving in the military...
Thanks for serving your country and for fighting for our freedom.
I support you 100%.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2007 22:33
Ozark Games is co-owned by myself, Roasted Snow, and the Old Man (JOOM). Sorry Fred, no raise for you...I'll give you a virtual cookie though.

I see Koda has found a good place to dicuss his firearms passion at OG.

-Keith

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 08:27:37
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 08:27:37