Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Rotating a weapon

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2007 23:13 Edited at: 18th Feb 2007 23:22
Okay I apolagise for this thread, but I did attempt to get an answer in 3D chat.
Thread copied from there;
Okay heres the deal. I have created my model and animated it etc etc. When I imported into FPSC, it was all there - animations working perfect. it was however rotated the wrong way. So i opened it all back up in max and rotated it the right way. When I imported back into FPSC, the animations were "messed up" to say thge least. The arms and clip for example (I made a rifle..) were going to different positions than before. Any pointers please? Perhaps it may be solved if I merged each mesh together? How would I do that. Hope to hear from someone soon.
Thanks to those who reply,
Dan.

And just to check for any errors, here is the FPE.

So I was told that I could rotate using;

When i entered a number (90 in this case) nothing rotated... any pointers please?
This will be a free model when it's fixed

Edit; Render of the AK74 in question... Normal version has hands.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Might be your exporter settings but I don't know anything about your export process.

(As a point of reference, with panda, not checking left-hand axis will result in a gun pointing at the floor with the top towards the player and checking matrix in lieu of position, scale, rotate will result in non WYSIWYG animation. Also when I started and was using DB convert, the modeler position had to be rotated and the animations were were not WYSIWYG when it came to position but rotation was OK.)
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2007 23:37
Yeah im using Panda with all those settings (I believe you taught me how to do it )
Kinda racking brains over this

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2007 23:54 Edited at: 18th Feb 2007 23:54
Hmmm. I guess I'll need to release a sample rig or something in the future because this sounds like the same problem XK0be was having (check his 1911 WIP thread on my boards) and I never figured out why. I think it has to do with how the bones are created but I'm really not sure. Game engines, in general, seem to be picky about maxbone data and it took a lot of trial and error before I got a stable rig for FPSC.
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2007 23:58
Dont worry yourself Errant
Ill probably just end up flipping and reanimating etc

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2007 03:51
For some reason the rot command for an entity (or at least a weapon entity) does not work properly...or at all...in the latest version of FPSC.
I know that for a fact.I have e-mailed Lee about it and there is a post about it in the FPSC Bug Reports forum.
Another one of those little things that need to be ironed out in FPSC...
As far as the rest of it...I've never used 3DS Max so I can't help you there.
I can tell you when I make a weapon using Milkshape that when I import it into FPSC it mirrors the animations at times.
For instance...a right hand will appear in FPSC as a left hand or a swinging motion from left to right will go from right to left in FPSC so when I make a weapon in Milkshape it's like working while looking in a mirror at a model.
I even have to rotate static enitites 180 degrees before exporting them out of Milkshape.
But,as I said,that's Milkshape and I don't know the differences and similarities between the two.

Slayer706
Years of Service
User Offline
Clip? I don't see one. All I see is a magazine .
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2007 08:41
A clip is a magazine... Technically the proper word i should have used is a charger.

Thanks for the reply, Fred. What im going to do is is position it in MAX, import into FPSC 'til it is perfect and then animate it once it's in position. i dont see why this shouldnt work, and if this is all goes well, I should have it finished/released tonight.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2007 10:13
No problem.Being able to use the rot command is a lot simpler than having to export a weapon entity and rotate it and then import it back into FPSC.It is too bad that command doesn't work anymore.

vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2007 22:41
did you delete the dbo and/or the bin files? maybe a stupid question, but all the same

so what's the job?
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2007 23:23
Yes.I deleted the .dbo and .bin files.No change.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 08:27:09
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 08:27:09