Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Failed to "WriteProgramAs EXEOrDEBUG!"

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2007 23:20
that seems to show up everytime I try to run a program containing a 3d object. someone said it may be becuase my graphics card doesn't support 3d, but i don't think thats it. any ideas?
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: osu!
Posted: 22nd Feb 2007 03:22
Can you perhaps show a screenshot of the error, and provide some system specs?

You can capture a screenshot by hitting the "Print Scr" key on your keyboard, then pasting it into paint. (.JPG or .PNG extension please)

From the error, it sounds like you have a startup problem (For the EXE), and that DBP is unnable to extract any of the files from itself, such as the DBProBasic3DDebug.dll (Contains most of the 3D Functions).

Cheers,

-db

Enter my forums here.
AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2007 02:41
thx but i got it to work
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2007 14:08
Just a note, this usually tends to happen when the project hasnt been saved properly and is using a temporary executable path, and has been run once, if its being run and you attempt to compile/run another exe dbpro will tell you the current temporary exe is in use, and will instead execute that temporary executable again, as opposed to updating the exe with the new source.

RedRocker
Years of Service
User Offline
I just downloaded DarkBasic Pro Online (newbie), and messed around with the examples which worked fine, then I went online and updated to the latest patch 6.5, but now when I look at the examples I get the same error as what was origianlly on this post.

I see no other references to this error on forums so I'm not sure if this is unique to my setup or not...anyone else get this? From what I read I thouht I could update straight to the 6.5 version, but did I need to install a previous update first?....

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 17:26:47
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 17:26:47