Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / My matrixes look baaad :o/

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2003 12:00
Yep. I need help again :-s I was wondering how ever I can make my matrixes look good with matedit 1.6 ? I've done about 640x480 matrix with 32x32 sized textureblocks (or whatever those are) and 128x128 texture. When I put texture on matrix it looks worse than my grandma's ass, it stretches the texture file and all of the lines between textures shows badly.

How can I make my matrix look more smoother. Eg. the line between water and sand. In Eternal Destiny's screenshots it looks good. How do I make it look the same way ?? thanks for answers
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2003 15:03
Firstly, Matrices aren't supposed to be used for high levels of detail (please correct me if I am wrong). You can always overlay plains for the more detailed stuff.

Secondly, you will need seamless textures. There are ways to mirror textures in DB, but I'm not 100% sure on how to do this with matrices.

I'm sure others will post more detailed answers than this, but this should give you a start.

Thanks in advance.
All the Best,
StevieVee
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2003 15:09
For that matrix, I used a 35*35 matrix I think. I think the whole island was maybe 8000*8000 pixels, Im not sure. With a smaller size, there is less a break between water and land.

I used Van-B's Van-TRANS to blend the textures for the ED tech island, so there is a smooth transition between land and sand. The link is right here

http://www.andrewvanbeck.btinternet.co.uk/VANtrans.htm

About the other textures, you just need to find a tileable texture. Many come with Dark Basic. The lines showing, thats a bug in PRO.

RPGamer

Current Project: Eternal Destiny
Tech Demo - Colan Island: Currently 716 Lines
Eaglesoul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2003 16:07
hey, now it looks much better VANTrans seems to work.

thanks for you 2

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 07:26:50
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 07:26:50