Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / 3d gamemaker!!! advice plzzzz

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all! I REALLY need some advice as soon as possible although not many of you like 3d gamemaker but i think its great for the little ones. I would like to put my face on one of the characters but when I do it really doesn't show clearly can't even tell it's me! any tips?

2- Do you know of any programs that I can easily make myself into a 3d charachter and convert to use it to 3d gamemaker?

Any help would be greatly appreciate. Thanks.
Dracula
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2007 22:56
This is a DB forum, not a 3d gamemaker forum. However, there is really not an easy way to make yourself into a game character. My advice: Learn to skin and texture map. This will require you to have a 3d wireframe model that is "unwrapped" or uvmapped. Then you will place your "skin" on the uvmap, so that when it's rendered in 3d it looks respectable. It's not that hard, but it is time consuming and has a bit of a learning curve. Practice makes better. Search these keywords and you will see what I'm talking about. It's an involved process. If you need it easy, you'll have to have someone do it for you... But that's no fun.

I doubt you'll get many more replys to your inquiry, since this is a DB board.

Good luck
MPB
Years of Service
User Offline
If this is not the 3D GameMaker forum then where is the 3D Gamemaker forum?

MB
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2007 14:54
There is no T3DGM forum anymore.That is because its a very old product and this forum is newer then the product.

-Prince Of Darkness
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2007 15:47 Edited at: 20th Feb 2007 15:48
I think it's fine to post about 3D Gamemaker here, or in the DarkBasic section, really there's no other suitable places.

But really your gonna have to come up with a limb hierarchy animated model, with your face textured on it. That's a lot of learning right there.

I think thats a bit overkill, if you want to personalize things, then I suggest you change the textures, but look at other things you can do - like recording your voice and replacing a death sound effect maybe. Imagine adding yourself as an end game enemy, and have a funny message that'll make your kids laugh when they end you.

There's tons of textures to play with, maybe you could even create your own from scratch - but really I think learning to model for this is overkill, unless you intend to progress onto more complex things with your kids, in which case it's a good idea.

Stop-gap solution would be to just make a big head based on your own, get it looking like you, and stick it on the head as an extra bit. It's been so long since I played with T3DGM, not sure how it all works.

Good guy, Good guy, Wan...
Dracula
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2007 02:00
well, sorry. I didn't know 3D gamemaker was related. But Van has cleared it up...

Good luck, still!!!
MR program
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a good question about 3DGM! The main key features page, says that you can import your own models into it... Now i have been searching for that function in almost a week, and i can´t really find it anywhere. That´s rather irritating b/c, i was going to use some of the DarkMatter models, in a game made with 3DGM. PLEASE HELP! (i´m getting rather pissed off)

If i don´t like a program. Il´ trash it with my hammer!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 17:28:09
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 17:28:09