Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Different hands for guns!!!HOW?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2007 14:58 Edited at: 19th Feb 2007 15:00
I bought model pack 5 and i love it! but there is fists and guns and if you got like fists where you have bandages on your hand and then wield a weapon your hand will turn to normal hands!!! If there is no answer I think there is no use for hands if make game with guns. Only solution I can think is re-texture hands in weapon texture what is very hard thing to do for like 15 guns. (I wasnt sure where to put this so I put it here)
TuPP3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2007 15:16
OOH! I think I found this out! I just copy hand texture to gamecore folder and to gun where I need that. But I still need copy that whole gun folder if I want use same gun with different hands.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2007 15:56
It depends on how it's laid out, you say for 15 guns it's too much work, I'd agree with that if your talking about completely redrawing this stuff. But, if it's a specific area of the texture that holds the hand stuff, then things are a lot easier, just have this part of the image as a new layer on each texture.

Really, I'd expect to see the hands as seperate textures, like you'd have 1 single hand texture, easy to change, easy to adapt - and changing this one texture changes it for all the weapons.

Perhaps it will be quite complex in FPSC, in DBPro I'd probably have 2 complete sets of weapons, one set of weapons per hand texture - wasteful, but in DBPro you can't retexture bones, so you have to texture everything in the animation proggie.

Good guy, Good guy, Wan...
FPSC Model Packs
User Banned
Posted: 11th Apr 2007 16:03
I use ImageConverter to change the model pack 5 weapons hands to model pack 6's DDS format
See here on the picture

Ready to use in my new game: "Can something be wrong"

Anybody knows where i can get the corepack free?

NL

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 08:12:30
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 08:12:30