Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / question about model complicity

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2007 02:39
Hi, sorry if this doesn't go here, I'm new and haven't even gotten my copy of fpsc yet. I am hoping to make one big multiplayer arena-style level, most likely only one floor, and I was wondering if anyone can give me some semblance of an idea of how many triangles the models in my level could have and still have a good fps rate. Thanks in advanced, and again, sorry if this is in the wrong section

- Mike
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2007 09:30 Edited at: 20th Feb 2007 09:31
I do all my models in anim8or, which can support quads, pents and more. However, once exported, the models are divided up into tris (one quad becomes two tris). So, i generally work on the assumption that the ratio of polies in anim8or to polys in FPSC is 1:2. So, i can thus to give you a list of polies counts:

Hope that worked,
AE

billybob 884
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2007 13:43
haha wow ok, yea ive done... maybe half the modeling for my game, and it is totaled upwards of 70k, just for things in the room (no weapons or players yet). guess i have my work cut out for me

- Mike

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 08:20:17
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 08:20:17