Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / ManiacConverter is here

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2003 19:20
ok you may or may not know that i am becoming more and more obsessed with games that require no media. As a result of this I made the Maniac Converter. It will basically convert a bitmap into a data statement and comes with a function which will restore it to an image. It should reduce all your programs by a considerable amount considering all the textures. Well anyway give it a go.

Instructions:

1) Make a new Darkbasic Professional project and call it ManiacConverter
2) Copy this source into the new project and save it.
(this makes it easier to read files)
3) Now use the media browser to add a file.
4) Now change the name of the bitmap loading below.
5) The data needed for the function at the bottom to run will now be on your clipboard.
6) Paste it into your project at the bottom.
7) multiple sets will need to be pasted in the order they are created.
8) just run the function in your program, it is quite self-explanatory.
9) For any assistance email sniperdude2k1@hotmail.com
Remend
ZomBfied
Years of Service
User Offline
Your genius approaches madness.

Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2003 00:29
why thank you i think so too. i cant believe im turning into one of my friend, making these silly little apps. although i think this one is quite useful for once. if people actually use it, 56kers might be able to download the games
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2003 00:52
Mmmmmm... it's arguable whether it's media or not; if the data is there to make a graphic, it is a graphic, just in a very unusual format... but I get your point . I'll look into that. Thankee.

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Steverino
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2003 05:42
Maniac, I wrote a program for the Amiga you would have loved, the Basic Art Coder (later the Amos Art Coder). You'd draw a full-screen picture connect-the-dots style and it'd write a BASIC routine to the Paste buffer. Paste the code into your program, and it would re-create your drawing with Line and Areafill statements.

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2003 11:51 Edited at: 9th May 2003 11:54
mouse: sorry by no media i mean no external media
steverino: this can be used in a similar way, only i decided not to make the actually drawing tool since now people can use programs such as corel draw to make decent graphics then use this to convert them into code, thus having a external media free decent image.

EDIT=>> Note. not for darkbasic users since the data command for a 640 by 480 image has over 900000 numbers, slightly more that 255 characters. Sorry but its not my fault
Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2003 02:43
sadly i learnt a disappointing fact about my new converter... when the images get too big, i tried 256x256, it took ages to run (8 mins) and then it took another load of time to paste. Then if you wanted to move it or something it took ages to do that. stick to <100 sq pixels... just use it for 2d games im working on an improvement, but my priorities are my exams.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 16:37:39
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 16:37:39