Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Skin Changes Per Your POV

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I want to make an entity's texture/skin change based on your character’s position to it (e.g. your point of view)

If your character is behind the entity its skin will be "red.jpg", BUT if you're position is in front of the entity its skin is "green.jpg" --> how can you change the texture based on your position?

There should be a script like the “flash the lights” one that could do this?
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2007 22:00
Impossible. Can't.
filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2007 22:32
I am not too sure about it, but can someone confirm if it can be done via alt texture?

-- game dev is fun...but taking up too much time --
XVR
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm sure we could do a calculation to get the triangulation data to tell us if we are in front or behind the entity (simple geometric math), but is there a way to trigger off of this, to make a script that reads in the triangulation data and changes the texture based on a "front"/"behind" triangulation calculation result?

Can someone please confirm this can be done off of a location trigger (e.g. based on where you are relitive to an entity)? Thank you a million--
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2007 23:25
Alt texture dose not work that way. And as everyone knows, FPSC has no way to input any math coordinates regarding world space.

But good luck
Loc

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 08:11:14
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 08:11:14