Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Need advice and help concerning modeling and ect.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
First off this is my first time posting.. if i posted this in the wrong forum i am sorry please move and my apologizes.

I have just started and want to make a multi player paintball game with fpsc, i would like to get a paintball gun and a character in paintball mask and uniform in the game. I believe that falls under modeling for the gun and possibly media for the character so i decided to give it a shot.. i have used milkshape 3d a couple times before modding a game but am not too familiar with it. I dont currently have any modeling programs and wanted to know the users of these modeling programs advice which is the best for this project and if anyone can contact me outside of the forums for more accurate advice to the problems everyone always know that come with developing anything. If anyone wants to contact me on Aim my name is baddog8it and on yahoo it is bad_d0g8it thank you.
tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2007 08:38 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2007 08:39
I don't ujse milkshape much, I use gamespace, so i can't help you there. But in the "models and media from around the boards" sticky there is a FPSC ready paintball gun and barrier, so your half way there.

Welcome to the forums
Tyrano

Woot Kingdom hearts owns!
Sit Boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Your kidding. O.O i looked at alot of the stickies before this and still at this moment i dont find one labeled models and media from around the boards.. can you link me to it and thank you so much. i was kind of dreading having to model my own stuff without any outside help or advice.... i kinda tried in milkshape last night and it was a joke.. it looked just like a paintball gun but i didnt know where to go from there haha
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2007 01:24
I bet if you had searched using the word "paintball" you would have found paintball guns and bunkers.

There is a tutorial on how to animate weapons using Milkshape.
You can search for it as well.
As far as modeling goes you can google psionic and find some modeling tutorials or search the 3D Chat forum for some.

Sit Boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Excellent ... wow i am just having a blonde moment... lol i searched and found some excellent models and managed to get them into the game by mimmicking the layout and it was not quite what i was looking for but atleast i managed some results. For future reference when skinning, im wondering if it is the same.. i had a nvidia dds plugin for my photoshop when i skinned halo maps.. is it the same principle as i notice they are in bmp though which means that i most likely wont require a plugin but i did see a file that was a dds i dont remember what it was.. i should probably just experiment on my own alot.. i find it teaches me alot more but thank you so much for the response with information rather then what you find more often nowadays on the web of find it yourself noob quit bothering me. I love it here already
Sit Boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Omg i knew there was something wrong there haha i was looking at what would be displayed in the add this item drag and drop menu ... lol sheesh thats sad and funny at the same time
Sit Boy
Years of Service
User Offline
EXCELLENT ok i have the dds plugin working so i can skin. excellent this is great. And i found it on my own on a hunch haha yay. im very surprised =D. Wow now hmm skinning the characters... how is that done or is it possible? And about setting the characters spawn weapon should that be done using scripts or is there a better way to do it?
Sit Boy
Years of Service
User Offline
And i seem to be having trouble resizing the hopper on a paintball gun i got here off the forums.. i make it look good in milkshape but it doesnt show up in the game as i had the model in milkshape

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 08:28:19
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 08:28:19