Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / New to this so what do I buy

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I had programming classes 20 years ago in PLI, COBOL, and Pascal about 20 years ago. I know nothing about 3d programming. I need to learn how to make 3d models of construction equipment. I need to use them in Power Point as training models to show operators how to use equiptment properly and what not to do. This is something that the training center asked me to look into. I do not get paid for this, but I said I would look into it. I would like advice on what to buy and where to find models.

Thank You

MrBill
D Ogre
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2007 22:23 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2007 22:24
3D programming and 3D modelling are two different aspects of computer graphics.
Obviously, they compliment each other, and you can't have one without the other
in some form.

If you are new to 3D programming, then I recommend purchasing a copy of DarkBASIC
Professional. It's built on the classic BASIC syntax, but expanded to handle almost
anything that has to do with 2D and 3D graphics. The language is much simpler to
get a grip with than say C++, which will speed developement time dramatically. If
your unsure what it's all about, then try downloading the trial version first.

If your talking about 3D modelling, well I guess it depends on how much time
and money you want to spend. I would recommend starting out small and inexpensive
first. Below is a list of programs you could consider, and they will work with
DarkBasic. I'm Not sure about direct compatiblity with Power Point though.

Some of these are free!

Milkshape 3D
Blender
3D Canvas
Wings 3D
Anim8tor
MrBill
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks D Ogre for the advise. I purchased DarkBASIC Pro. Does anyone know if you can you make short movies with DB Pro and run them on Windows Media Player. I can run Windows Media Player with Power Point.

Thanks

MrBill

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 17:34:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 17:34:20