Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2007 15:26
This post was origanly posted under the dark basics discussion board but I think it better that it is here. I am usign DBC.

I have my character model seperated into three different modles legs, torso, and head so that I can allow for better customisation and stuff.

I want to create a simple hirarcy that has the legs first followed by the torso and then with the head on the torso.

Each of the three objects has it\'s own animation except for the head.

Not really sure how to do this but I think it may involve limbs.
Lord Einstein
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2007 10:02
Hello? Anyone know beacuse I don't
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2007 12:43
all 3d models are made up of limbs. the hierarchy is pre-ordained. I dont know how dbc deals with limbs, but in dbp you set an internal structure by calling PerformChecklistForObjectLimbs(obj id). Once you do, you can use the LimbCount to create a loop and return the limb id's and the limbnames (from naming in 3d modelling app). Dbp also creates a null limb as the last limb so usually you just avoid it by making the loop one less than the limbcount. But again, I don't know if there are equivalents of this in dbc, youll need to check.

London 7/7/05 = 1 in 10^38 Alex Jones: Terror Storm
Ron Paul '08
Lord Einstein
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2007 14:21
I think there is and I looked under the examples but it seamed to count the limbs in my loaded modle. I want to glue three modles together with a really simple hiarachy but don't know how to.

I loaded the legs model and then the torso modle. I glue the torso modle to the leg modle using the glue object to limb command. Then I load my head model but when I glue it to the torso in the same way it doesn't follow the animation no matter which limb I join it to.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 17:28:23
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 17:28:23