Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / No UV coordinates

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2007 23:17
Okay, so I've made a model with metasequoia. The only way I can get it to MS3D is by saving it as a .dfx So I did that. But it came out flippin crazy in MS3D. So I downloaded truespace caligiri. Because Metasequoia can save as a caligiri object. Then I exported it to MS3D from truespace. Awesome, everything came out great. So now I needed to UV map it so I can do the texture and what not. But when I open up the model to get the UV map with Ultimate Unwrap 3d demo and a thing pops up saying that the model has no UV coordinates.

Help please.

WuTang
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2007 01:17 Edited at: 25th Feb 2007 01:18
Ive had the same problem ... although !! ive found out how to texture in metasequoia if you click the file tab you can turn off basic mode and use the material options from there although ive only mapped a few things ive never really discovered how to export the texture maps

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2007 02:57
Thanks for the info WuTang. However I don't want to texture in the 3D editor itself and I kind of already knew that. I would like to UV map it and make the texture in GIMP. You know, for the better quality.

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2007 03:01 Edited at: 25th Feb 2007 03:04
*edited by RF* I'm not right in the head tonight... why would youask that question here? why not use the forums created for the program you are using, this is not a one stop shop forum..this particular board is for...wait for it....FPSC...funny isn't it. I think that stands for First Person Shooter Creator..not metasequoia. just an observation..

Regards,
RF

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2007 04:05
I know, I know RF. But I don't think you guys are understanding. I'm trying to UV map something. It's not JUST metasequoia. It's truespace, metasequoia, and MS3D. And I have seen a TON of questions on UV mapping that have not been locked. So why lock the one that I post?

Now, let's not do a huge arguement while the time we are arguing a simple answer could be answered. Now, I respect you a lot RF. But honestly I don't care if you have to come back at me with that response, because all I care for right now is that I get a simple answer questioned. I made like 7 or 8 3D models MONTHS ago. I just now figured out how to get them into MS3D from metasequoia only because I have to send it through truespace.

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2007 21:36
I need help people. Please help.

Locrian I know you know what's wrong.

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2007 22:21
Well, I'm not sure what I did but I fixed it. Mods lock this

Login to post a reply