Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / ....Collision, with .x problems.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2007 01:36
Alright... I am pretty new to this, and i've been having problems with .x collision for long now. I'm still trying to do things fairly simple. I've tried sparky's as far as i can tell... but, it just crashes. So... here we go... when ran my .x collides with my other .x, but, no movement is enabled afterwards. I HAVE actually read almost ALL the collision stuff here, and can't figure it out... hence why i'm new. Another problem is my gravity and jump, i know it can easily be fixed but, i don't know how. As long as the space bar is being held you are increasing your height, the gravity seems to be working fine, but it's hard to tell cause my .x models will not move, but will rotate... can someone help please... sorry for this being so lengthy, i like to explain everything before going on. I'm trying to make an RPG in 3rd person, kind of like Morrowind, but maybe make it Online playable. Anyways, heres the whole code, it's a little sloppy i think, but, i've been screwing around with it so much, i don't even know where i am now.

Thanks in advance

www.soundclick.com/octoberscry ---> My Doom Metal Band
Dreamon Star
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2007 16:42
Alright... I am pretty new to this, and i\'ve been having problems with .x collision for long now. I\'m still trying to do things fairly simple. I\'ve tried sparky\'s as far as i can tell... but, it just crashes. So... here we go... when ran my .x collides with my other .x, but, no movement is enabled afterwards. I HAVE actually read almost ALL the collision stuff here, and can\'t figure it out... hence why i\'m new. Another problem is my gravity and jump, i know it can easily be fixed but, i don\'t know how. As long as the space bar is being held you are increasing your height, the gravity seems to be working fine, but it\'s hard to tell cause my .x models will not move, but will rotate... can someone help please... sorry for this being so lengthy, i like to explain everything before going on. I\'m trying to make an RPG in 3rd person, kind of like Morrowind, but maybe make it Online playable. Anyways, heres the whole code, it\'s a little sloppy i think, but, i\'ve been screwing around with it so much, i don\'t even know where i am now.

OH... I have the collision mixed in with the character movement function and the gravity/jump stuff i think

Thanks in advance

www.soundclick.com/octoberscry ---> My Doom Metal Band

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 17:21:25
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 17:21:25