Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2003 21:34
Just wondering if Voice Chat is possible in a multiplayer game. Its not necessary for me to make my game, but it would be a nice feature. If it is possible, can someone point me towards the proper command. Otherwise, would it ever be a possiblity for a future update of DBPro?

Thx,
matt rochon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2003 22:20
you could try recording the sound and sending it... but that would be REALLY slow
Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2003 23:40
Yeah, like Bluntman said, you can use

and send it using

This isnt too bad if all the players have broadband, but otherwise it mightn't work. A possibility would be a .dll which would compress/decompress it to make it faster to send.

Whatever I did I didn't do it!
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2003 06:52
u could create hotkeys to express your intended action.

each player has 5 wav files int here game.

if u press the "your an idiot" button its played on the other side.

Megaman Zero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2003 20:14
Great, thanks guys. I need the sound for an RPG that im trying to make, that will be playable online with a number of players, set by the server maker.

I hear that voice chat is a big step into a game. Most games with voice chat sell more than games without it, because everyone wants to be able to communicate to their friends, without having to worry about chat buttons, even though, some dont have mics.

On a DSL server, I would probably only allow 4-6 connections at a time, some with mics & some without.

One last question? Do I have to add a check sequence for checking to see if the mic is connected?

Thx again,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 07:52:48
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 07:52:48