Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DGDK.NET + VB Express (2)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2007 10:21
Hi, all!
I have coded a sample program that shows how to get DBP running in a standard Windows environment created with VB Express. If you are interested, you can download the source code and the required media. Here is the link:

http://www.tvi-sarl.com

This is a bilingual, non-commercial site.
Enjoy!
Thierry
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2007 11:25
thierry, this is excellent . I'm trying to find a way to improve the performance as well, as even on my 1.8ghz system, the terrain refresh was somewhat sluggish. How fast did the original DBP version run?

Paul.

APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2007 12:06
The sluggishness appears to actually be caused by the Terrain rendering itself. I'm enclined to think that the advanced terrain plugin for DBP would need to be ported to DGDK and DGDK.NET in order to improve the visibility tests for the existing terrain functions.

Paul.

thierry st malo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2007 16:08
Thanks for the compliments, Paul . I hope that these plugins will be ported to DGDK and DGDK.NET.
Thierry

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 02:14:39
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 02:14:39