Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Wot dya think of this?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2007 14:55
Ive bin workin on a map editor for aaages now and ive come up wiv sum screenshots to get sum feedback. Tell me wot ya fink and be honest! Im gunna try and sell this thing when ive finished it! whenever that'll be!

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2007 20:53 Edited at: 28th Feb 2007 20:54
Looks nice. But you'll get better feedback if you brush up on your spelling and grammar People get bored trying to translate leet, TXT and slang, and move on.

You could make the buttons slightly smaller, and see more of the scene. The bloom and solar flare is a nice touch.

Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2007 20:59
looks good but you'll have to make it look much nicer if you want to sell it. there is some pretty tough competition on these forums and most of them are free.

Projects: zlugs-2%
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2007 21:51
Look at World,its free and quite good.and then 3DWS wich is also perfect as far as i know.

You can get inspiration from it and add points those editors dont have wich makes yours special.

epithika
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2007 01:11
Thanks for the feedback! Ill make some changes to it and post more shots! Still tryna work out how to save the matrix and objects in it as a loadable file! :s any suggestions? i'll probably need an example of some sort!

Thanks!

zzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2007 09:44 Edited at: 1st Mar 2007 09:44
It looks really nice epithika! I also think that you should make the buttons a little smaller. If you want to save a matrix, just put the xy coords in an array and then use "save array", or use the open to read/open to write commands. For and example, download Robin K´s "magic world" in which you get the source code. http://darkbasic.thegamecreators.com/?m=showcase_view&i=101

Nice job, keep it up!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 18:34:58
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 18:34:58