Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Problems with Point Object and Move object

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Everyone,
Perhaps I should start by saying that I did receive my copy of DarkBasic Pro with the Patch 4 on cd from RGT games. Very cool.
I have in fact began making a game with a team, but for now I just want everyone to demo their talents. The demo I have created is a Helicopter flying around what looks like a fort in 3d. I have had no problems with loading any of the media or making the sky texture scroll to create the effect of moving clouds over the world. No problems with moving the camera around. However I am having a serious problem with getting Point Object and Move object to work.

I noticed this in the demo that the game comes with. About creating the fps....When I load that demo up, the enemies for whatever reason, float up to the top of the world. This is straight from the demo lesson 9, unmodified. This behaviour is quite strange, I do not know if the code is incorrect or what, but thats what happens on my machine...

now then what I was trying to attempt, is to create 4 roving helicopters. All they do is circle around the world, however, I cannot seem to figure out Point Object and Move object. No matter what I point the object to, it still likes to fly straight up (Y axis). Could someone please help me, as this is quite frustrating.

Could someone please help me understand what I am doing wrong. I will try to rephrase my question if need be.

Jerry
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2003 23:48
That's odd... that little bit of code there looks solid to me. I use Point/Move extensivly and I haven't encountered any problems yet. All I can think of is that it's something in the brunt of your code that you don't have here. Would you mind posting a more complete snippit? Thanks...

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Scorpyo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2003 00:15
mmm.. i tried the demo and what i get is that the gun slowly goes down till it hits the ground so maybe that's BSP gravity at start..after a while the aliens come down and chase you..
haven t had time to study the code ..
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2003 00:03
Ah, that'd be it. If you have BSP automatic gravity on, things will fall...

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 07:55:17
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 07:55:17