Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / help with making a game.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2007 03:18
I have download The 'Dark Basic Professional Trial'

And I have gone thought some tutorials but all i hav found is first person shooters, CAN YOU MAKE STRATEGY TPES GAME WHERE YOU BULD A BASE AND BULD AN ARMY??? if so could you please help me out

Lightning programer
Zeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2007 03:52 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2007 03:53
yes, I'm sure for a fact you can. but you probably need the real DBC or DBP to do so, instead of a trial.

Jerok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2007 04:49 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2007 04:49
No you can do this with the trial and there is an rts tutorial you might be interested in found here:http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=44248&b=6
The only problem with the trial is that I don't think it can be updated so there are some bugs and commands that are no longer there in DBP and there is always that water mark in any game you make untill you get the full version.
Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
And also, if you intend to learn DBPro, 1. Get the full version, 2. Try to make something more simple like a platformer first.

Good luck.
Kieran
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2007 06:32
hehe good old trials

good luck with your game lightning

The Wilderbeast
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2007 22:07
don't listen to JSG, it's perfectly possible to make any type of game, even if you just have the trial. the best game JSG made with his trial was a text based one. but i'm sure he's been flamed about that enough already.

good luck mate, and welcome to the TGC community

The Core
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2007 13:01
wilderbeast is correct but a trial is a trial for a reason...to expand your horizons and develop further skills your will need the full verson..but all the same have fun and learn, learn, learn.

i'm E.T i have so much tech but yet i dont have a mobile phone! where is a land line when you need one

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 19:23:13
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 19:23:13