Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Patch 2, when?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2002 20:14
I was just wondering. DBPro is too buggy to be usable right now.
Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2002 21:53
I hear it'll be in a couple of weeks?
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2002 22:03
I heard its supposed to be coming out on Sunday...

Yes, I really am THAT good...
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2002 22:04
I wish people would stop asking and actually read some posts about this... is begining to get very very annoying

As developers yourselves you should understand that it isn't as simple as knowing about the bugs and squishing them - Lee is working long and hard and it will be out before he gets that well deserved break.

Next post about it OR if i see one about patch3 once 2 is out i swear i'm gonna go postal!!

Holy jumping mother of god NOOOO!!!...
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2002 23:47
hehe

PATCH 2 WHEN?

haha

PATCH 2's OUT?

ermm

WHENS PATXH 3 COMMING?

lol

How about the DBPro 2003 Special Edition Christmas set?

------------

The best idea is to read previous posts, expesially the ones on the RGT announcements board...

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
I went outside once and my FPS rate dropped to 5.
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2002 23:48
opps

thats PATCH 3, not PATXH

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2002 00:54
I know what you mean Raven, I just ranted on the other forum. BSP is another one. Grrr.
AlecM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2002 07:28
i agree with vegeta, people should actually look around the forums before they post this sort of question.

Goto http://www.shellshockede.com
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2002 15:22
awwww i am in a bad mood now

Why not agree with me???

xtom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2002 15:47
When's patch 2 out? Having multiple posts with this sort of thing isn't so bad, it gives an idea of the level of anticipation. Also good for DBS to know we're all eagerly awaitinng it, not that they don't know already but anyway.
Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2002 17:05
Yeah, but we've gone over the top.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2002 18:25
tom, theres anticipation and just pure laziness!
there are several topics that can be counted across the board at a glance which this could be within.

try to put yourself in the teams place, how would you feel if you put in hotcars a turbo booster which was essential to winning certain races, yet it couldn't be switched off on say winXP systems - you didnt know this because lets say your using Win98SE ... everyone asks for a fix and you say you'll do it but without knowing exactly what is wrong you can't easily and everyday you see a new post "when is hotcars 5.1 to arrive!!" you would get a little sick of it too

... i miss hotcars ... i think i'll download it again tonight

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
WarWolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2002 20:43
What is hotcars? Did I miss something, or am I just ignorant?

I didn't steal it!
xtom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2002 18:33
If I had a new post of "when is hotcars 5.1 to arrive!!" every day I'd be over the moon and probably be well stuck into developing it farther. But I know what you mean. Shouldn't be too long before the patch is out now hopefully.

WarWolf, here's a link if you want to check it out. It's just a car game I made a while ago and Raven Vegeta helped me out with it.
http://gofree.indigo.ie/~xtom/hotcars.htm
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2002 01:22
hahaa... probably wasn't a great example.
i wish you'd get back to it, but with all of the car physics engines right now - just seem stupid.
But would be good for you to update Dark Konflict

Have actually got some good RTS code myself - might send it to ya give you encouragement to continue
I never did make those units for ya thou - hehee my bad

however love to have an excuse to put all of my coding aside for a week and just work on 3D again (hint-hint!)

xtom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2002 05:09
Do you want to do some models for DK? It would be great if you had the time. The graphics could certainly do with the improvement. I'm waiting on the patch before I get stuck back into it myself though.
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2002 15:09
Come on guys, there are two reasons why you shouldn't be doing this:
1- What happenes when DBS products get rushed? If you rush the patch, it will only turn out the same way.
2- Don't wait for the patch, because once it finally comes out, something else is wrong with it, and you wait for the next one, etc. You'll never get anything done!

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Get the DB Weekly Newsletter at www.dbwn.cjb.net
Kale
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2002 15:49
whens patch 3 out?

What the flame does not consume, consumes the flame.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
AMD XP2100+, Geforce4Ti 4400, 512Mb DDR, Abit KX7, WinXP Pro
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2002 18:12
If i remember you wanted futuristic right Xtom?
goto my forums http://members.lycos.co.uk/timesaga/phpBB2 leave somewhere what your lookin for and i'll run through some concept sketchs
just because your waiting for patch2 doesn't mean i can't get on with some nice art
personally not used DBpro too much, as most of what i want to do doesn't work - it isn't a case of trying to get around it for what i'm doing though, cause don't have the time, patence or know how
so i'm just using DB 1.13 Enhanced - also i'm not really impressed with the IDE - it doesn't always load .dbpro projects and also just seems too much like darkedit - except the code jumps at the side (anyone else notice that you press enter a few time is jumps 2-3px to the right, another few back 2-3px to the left gets annoying)
And on the demo everything is a popup, i mean i know i'm using the demo version - no need to tell me 8 times before i exit and make me press cancel alot.

sorry had to get that off my chest ... just felt for the amount of development time the editor could have been ALOT better (especially after recently seeing Ciyanna after 2 weeks of development!)

haggisman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2002 18:43
Ciyanna?

Specs:- 1GHZ athlon, Radeon8500, 192mb ram, winxp
xtom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2002 21:42
Raven Vegeta, your forum doesn't seem to be working for me or it's just very slow. Here's my email below if you want to get in touch with me, I lost yours a while ago when I reformated my pc. I'd rather discuss it through email anyway. Futuristic is good but I also want to keep a gritty down to earth feel to the units too.

xtom@gofree.indigo.ie
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2002 22:06
oh yeah... i forgot i turned on authorisation that doesn't work to stop all those annoying guest posts, i mean its nice having a forum that alot of people veiw ... but be alot better if people bothered to sign up!

oki i'll email ya - i'll use my aol account cause very few peeps know that one

Ciyanna is a erm... well... an IDE
Basically all the recent work i've been doing in Microsoft Visual C++ and IDE 98 i really liked the setup, plus with the lack of UI editing within DarkEdit - have asked someone to develop one for FMTau. The name is, well i haven't a clue where it came from but we were talkin' about the name and he wanted DarkDeveloper, i suggested RavenDeveloper (as too many things have Dark in the title) and then he just said - hey what about Ciyanna
so we've gone with that.

It is looking sweet after only 2weeks development, and hopefully sometime this week a basic version will be ready for testing
which i can't wait for

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 15:53:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 15:53:31