Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / DaZ Dicks Music Pack - Would you want one?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2007 19:03 Edited at: 6th Mar 2007 19:47
Hey guys,

Im thinking of making a game devlopment music pack. What I wanted to know is would you guys buy it? Also how many tracks and styles would u want to see and what would you pay?

my music sounds like this if you wanted an idea of quality. www.myspace.com/dazdicks

Let me know.

DaZ

eXus - www.exusband.com
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2007 19:58
Your tracks sound great. Music is one of the hardest things to get in game dev, and I'm sure your pack would be well appreciated.

Good Luck
Loc
Chris Franklin_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2007 20:44
wow nice

DOMRAY
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2007 20:58
nice stuff there .i like the horror one the best

It's better to Burn Out than to Fade away.Highlander
Junkrock
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok so i rekon i would get some buyers but what kind of music should I include? I notice horror gets the most attention so mabey a horror pack?

Let me know

DaZ

eXus - www.exusband.com
MonT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2007 21:32
I think a combination of horror, scifi, and some general action music would be pretty awesome too see in a potential pack.

http://www.pyrogames.org
Junkrock
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok i think ill do a horror pack for my 1st release, ok how many tracks? im thinking 10-20 I think ill also price the pack at £1 persong so if I do 20 songs then the pack would be £20. How does that sound?

DaZ

eXus - www.exusband.com
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2007 21:53
Sounds Killer.
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2007 22:02 Edited at: 6th Mar 2007 22:10
Yeah, the production is really nice man. That sounds a bit like some Proteus string stabs in the Fight sequence tracks.

I make beats myself so I'd be interested to know what you use.

Edit. And yes, a pack would be a great idea, but think carefully about your licence, as you are un-likely to make any money off royalties from FPSC users. £20 is totally fair, infact considering each track must take a couple of hours from conception to export, you're really underselling yourself!

I can do beats myself, so I don't know if I would buy, but it's certainly worth it to those users without production capabilites...

..and just coz I'm in a nice mood. If you send me either the fight track or the horror track, I can cut it over some game footage for you (as people might be more encouraged to buy if they can see your work over an actual game. For examples of my editing work go to - www.peanutbutterfingers.co.uk/cutandpieces

Finally, a few other tips for increasing revenue/ usability of the media you're selling.

1) Get in touch with Xplosys at FPSfree.com, I'm sure he will gladly advertise your product. He advertised my, and it rejuvinated my revenue.

2) Perhaps take some shorter 2 bar breaks and individual samples from your tracks and include them too. That way people can activate snippets of the beat, or samples when the player enters a certain zone. I don't know if this'll make sense if you don't actually use FPSC, so here's an example.

*You walk down a creepy corridoor
*as you pass through a shadow, there's a violin stab sample plays
*later, a cabinet falls over and the stab plays again
*you reach a door and a ton of zombies appear, at witch point the violin music kicks in proppery.

I just think people will be more interested if they can implement the whole track, or just elements.

Best of luck. Didn't really intend to write this much... but wahtever, I hope it helps.

zork all the way
Years of Service
User Offline
hold on i herd this i think it was in call of duty 3

Your signature was too big
Father Tree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2007 22:49
no you didnt he makes his own music and its great

Junkrock
Years of Service
User Offline
Well i just finnished track 1 of the pack, its a whoping 35 seconds but is an action loop. really dark and gnarley. I think i will add a 'shorts' folder on the cd which will have 5-10 stabs for people to use.

Alot of the sounds on my myspace page are from EWQL Colossus, if you can afford it its the best money you will spend! Also most recently i use Battery3 for my beats.

DaZ

eXus - www.exusband.com
Junkrock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2007 22:55 Edited at: 6th Mar 2007 22:57
Lol Zork if you want i can show u a screen shot of all of them in production, i assure u i make all my own music, heh i havnt even played call of duty 3 yet

DaZ

eXus - www.exusband.com

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Junkrock
Years of Service
User Offline
Heh track 2 complete made a creepy ambient track, lol its begging for a big stacato sound....easy to make the player just out his boots!

Oh guys I need your input, what kind of tracks would you like for horror? battle, ambient, menu music?

Let Me Know

DaZ

eXus - www.exusband.com
Junkrock
Years of Service
User Offline
HEy guys, thought Id give a brief teaser as to what the pack will sound a bit like. The sound quality will be better than this on the CD, I made the video lower quality so people couldnt rip the sound directly off them...I know you guys wouldnt but u never know

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddtDEdiYa4k

DaZ

eXus - www.exusband.com
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2007 03:24
Hmmm heard of locust toybox?

google him, his music is great, maybe some stuff like that?

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
Junkrock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2007 05:22 Edited at: 7th Mar 2007 05:23
I had a listen, It didnt seem dark or horror enough to fit a library such as this one, do you not agree?

DaZ

[href]www.myspace.com/dazdicks[/href]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 08:21:50
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 08:21:50