Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / New at everything and need help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I just bought First Person Shooter Creator and I wanted to make a grenade (the millsno36 in the WWII section) that looks like a banana (small health 1 in the WWII section) but still explode.....how could I go about doing this?!?

Thanks!
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2007 08:46
your going to have to explore some 3d packages.
each person has their favorite package as its methods to create things is worked out by a particular workflow.
once you have mastered the elements of polygon control, then texturing, you should delve into animation.
the file format that works 2nd best is the .x format, you can also use DBO objects as they are more native, work faster etc..
I have not used FPSC so im not totally sure about what methods you need to get it exactly, however the above formats will allow it load into DBP.

Kameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2007 09:52
you will have to copy the properties of the grenade, but change the image to that of the bannana. now wheather or not it reacts the same to the environment as the grenade, i do not know.

either way youll have to do some copy/paste coding as far as i know
grraorwwl
Years of Service
User Offline
so there would be no way of doing what I wanted by not knowing any 3d packages? If I did end up using a 3d package, where would i find one to explore?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 19:24:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 19:24:22