Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / [LOCKED] Looking for lead programmer for DBPro 3month project

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
This post is not endorsed by The Game Creators, but has been approved by the moderators. Please reply to mail@markhayden.net, not to this thread

DARK BASIC PROGRAMMER REQUIRED

Hi. My name is Mark Hayden and I am a game designer based in KL,
Malaysia. I am looking for a Lead programmer for a top down 3d / 2d
action strategy game called "riotHQ".

Very briefly the game is about a bunch of rioting robots that need to be dealt with by you and your cop forces. It's a mix of command & conquer (top down, multi-units, RTS controls/interface), pac man (chase things around a maze), lemmings (rioters have various states of anger which trigger certain behaviours and they follow their leaders around) and pool (arcade element where you shoot rioters and they are knocked back like a pool / billiard ball). Robots and rubber bullets - the key is not to kill - the correct application of non lethal firepower will be rewarded. Killing robots will be punished. Can you save your city?

Currently about 2 weeks of work has been done on it using DarkBasic Pro as a platform. We have basically done a rough AI demo that demonstrates the different rioter States - from happy to riotous. When riotous the robots attack and destroy property. Also angry robots infect others causing them to get angry too.

It is a scheduled 3 month project. A lot of programming remains to be done... this post is a bit of hail mary as I seem to have exhausted local resources...

I have purchased DBPro saver pack, DarkPhysics, DarkAI, GUI builder, ConvSEO, Styx so far

Currently the project does not use DarkPhysics.

The game takes place on a single map - approx 700metres by 1100 metres. It is a 3d environment - buildings/terrain etc. But units will be 2d sprites (at least that's the current plan). For 1024 x 768 res.

Skillset required

* scripting experience
* familiar with AI concepts like state machines
* detail oriented
* 3D experience a plus
* experience with XML
* experience with convSEO a bonus

Key parts: fighting DarkBasic and organizing the project around the AI.

Payment: The project is grant-funded. However our currency conversion isn't particularly thrilling. I have approx USD14k in TOTAL to spend on programmers, artists, animators, level designers etc - so i'm budgetting about USD5-6K for a lead programmer for the 3 month project. It may only take you two! We are also considering farming out work in modules - so if you are more interested in that please do get in touch...

My involvement in the project: finance, production, game & level design, website (coming soon), GUI and bits of code wherever I can help out.

You can find out more about riotHQ (screenshots, design docs, AI demo, maps etc from http://www.markhayden.net/riothq/

thanks

Mark

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 18:44:25
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 18:44:25