Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / [LOCKED] which is easyer?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2007 19:06
which is easyer?

Dark basic pro or blitz 3d

an honest answer pls

Hallo
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2007 19:09
Your aking this on a DBP forum, I womder what answers you'll get

hallo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2007 20:26
im not asking which is better

Hallo
Hammaman
Years of Service
User Offline
The short answer is that it depends on where you are starting from ...

My background is that I started programming for PCs using Blitz Basic (the 2D version) a few years ago. This was relatively easy to learn as I'd programmed in BBC Basic quite a few years previously (what a machine the Acorn Electron was ...).

Once I'd mastered 2D games, I wanted to go further and move onto 3D. So I bought DarkBasic Classic, but didn't find its performance satisfactory - particularly, when it came to local and global variables and recursive functions (which I use for pathfinding).

I've recently bought DB Pro, which is far better IMHO and overcomes these drawbacks. I'm also amazed at the quality and range of free plugins available for DB Pro.

I'm not sure where Blitz 3D is going - my impression was that this software was stagnating and not keeping up to date with DirectX development (not an issue with DBPro).

In terms of how easy I've found it to pick up DBPro, then I've used the approach to work throught the tutorials and learn from others - and by adapting the tutorials to make games of my own, I'm making good progress and understanding how to overcome the issues that I face. I'd expect to have done something similar if I'd bought Blitz 3D.

I've found both the manual for Blitz Basic and DB Pro didn't really help that much once I started to write my own games (and once I had worked out what a type was). Hence my focus on tutorials and the forums.

So to summarise, I'd recommend DBPro (what a surprise ).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 19:19:44
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 19:19:44