Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Texture part of an object

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2003 09:18
Just wondering if it's possible for me to texture one face of an object with one texture and a different face with a different texture. Or must I create limbs for the object instead and use the Texture Limb command?
"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2003 10:07
that would be one way to go as an internal coding method.
create a cube in the center and make a mesh of a 3d plain then rotate and offset 6 of them to represent the faces of the cube.

Its not as managable as the next one.

Most of the time tho you would deploy a 3d program to perform a texture wrapping or UV wrap

your model is either one complete mesh or a series of named meshes which are translated as limbs in DBC DBP and can be affected like limbs.

Texturing each mesh with parts of an image is the laymans version of what i mean.

Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2003 12:44
Yeah, but texturing it in a third party program isn't really an option because I'm trying to make a simple map editor where they can create a sky box.

Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2003 12:52
Then definitely use plains if you can line them up well enough, that way the out of sight ones can be hidden, increasing speed

ZX Spectrum 48k Issue 3, Radio shack Tape drive, Rank arena 12" T.V. set.
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2003 17:31
Yeah, that's what I was thinking I should do - just had to make sure there wasn't some simple command I could've used before doing it lol.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 07:44:08
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 07:44:08