Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Multiplayer Games

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i want to make a MMORPG what should i buy to make one, if i cant make one with any of the gam makers than what can i make a good multiplayer game with
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 08:40
I would learn a computer language firstly before embarking on such a large complicated task.

max ballwinkle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 09:26
make a RPG first then if you want a MMORPG

B-A-L-L-W-I-N-K-L-E
Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "i want to make a MMORPG what should i buy to make one, if i cant make one with any of the gam makers than what can i make a good multiplayer game with "

Firstly, I suggest you read this -->http://darkbasicpro.thegamecreators.com/?m=faq_view&i=3f26afd61426a0.40609159

After that, ask yourself:

I'm new to programming, probably couldn't make a dot even appear on the screen, and I want to make a MMORPG. I don't think that's a realistic idea.

Say that to yourself.

Best of luck learing DBP if you want to though.

Need web design help with PHP or XHTML? E-mail me!
http://veron.sitesled.com Visit Veron! Free games, programs and applications! Made in DBPRO, FPSC, and C++!
Kieran
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2007 13:07
why do people who have no experience with programming just come onto this forum and ask for a program to create MMORPG's? even some of our more advanced users on this forum cant do it so why do you think you can? thats like a baby who wants to go rock climbing, it aint gonna happen

it would be nice to see you as a member on this forum following tutorials and learning DBP step-by-step but we dont want the forum flooded with "how do i make an MMORPG" sorry if im being harsh but i see this all the time.

Bronny
Years of Service
User Offline
Start with something easy at first, like maybe a Web Game then get into real game programming.

But don't try make a game when you know nothing about programming.
Tom J
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2007 23:28
There are plenty of tutorials on the forum, have a look at some of those and then make a simple game like pong or if that is 'boring' make a basic arcade game.

You're trying to climb too steep a hill and if you go straight for MMORPG you're doomed for failure. I'd badly struggle with something like this and I've had DB for more than a year.

Visit GamingColosseum Web - http://www.gamingc.co.nr/

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 19:12:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 19:12:22