Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2003 19:56
I can't find a way tto make executable files with Dark Basic Pro. Using the exe/run button, I get the program to run. But I look in my computor and only find Dark Basic files. How do I make .exe files that will run independently of DB Pro?
andrew11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2003 20:06
You are probably compiling the exe in DBP's temp directory. Change the exe's name and directory in the text box in the project manager to the right.

"All programmers are playwrites and all computers are lousy actors" -Anon
Guillermo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2003 20:26
Thanks. Now that I found my program, it is shown on the Windows screen as a DarkBasic Pro Example. Is there any way to take that "Example" out of it. It is fine to promote Dark Basic. But writing examples makes it look very amateurish. Not that I am not an amateur. But I don't need to flaunt it!

andrew11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2003 20:38
Did you buy DBPro or just download it?

"All programmers are playwrites and all computers are lousy actors" -Anon
Guillermo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2003 22:34
I bought it. But I never received the manual. I purchased it before it was released. So, When it was released, I immediately got a package with the CD, a CD with Patch 1, and a note promising me the manual. But the manual never arrived. So, I am forced to ask these questions here.

spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2003 22:48
If it is the window caption you are going on about, then in dbpro click on 'settings' button and change window caption in top box

Gronda, Gronda
Guillermo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2003 23:01
No, I am talking about the name next to the logo when I look at the program I executed. Under the name, it sais that it is a DB Pro example. I think that is not right. Can you imagine if every program nade with Delphi or BB said that it is an example?
Any how, I opened DB Pro, and checked all the items on the tool bar. But I could not find Settings. For instance, in "Tools", I get only "System Options", wjich does not include Settings.

Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2003 23:21
Make sure your view is set to project mode, click on the button labelled settings at the right-bottom of the screen, and then change the value in the application caption textbox on the upper right hand corner.

Whatever I did I didn't do it!
Guillermo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2003 23:39
Thank you!
I figured out the use of those buttond, etc.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 07:50:47
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 07:50:47