Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Platform Jumping

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've got an issue with jumping in my platformer. Basically, you can jump, and you go up, the slow down, then come back down, and stop, not on the ground, but at a set position.

How do I make it stop on the ground, wherever the ground is, because the ground is an image.

Code i'm using:

Media attached.

Need web design help with PHP or XHTML? E-mail me!
http://veron.sitesled.com Visit Veron! Free games, programs and applications! Made in DBPRO, FPSC, and C++!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Inverted
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2007 05:29
Well your code is very messy, i couldn't manage to fix your problem, but a few tips:

- Use subroutines (gosub) it makes your code alot easier to sort through
- All of your variables are floats, this is not needed , just make them integers if your defining true or false (1 or zero)

What you need to do is texture a plane with the ground texture then define the collision between the two objects.

Is the code for making,rotating,positioning, and texturing it to fit in the right spot in your programming, i leave the rest up to you.

-inverted

Come take a look!
Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, thanks a lot, that's really helped.

Need web design help with PHP or XHTML? E-mail me!
http://veron.sitesled.com Visit Veron! Free games, programs and applications! Made in DBPRO, FPSC, and C++!
Inverted
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2007 16:07
No problem dude

Come take a look!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 19:11:51
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 19:11:51