Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / get static collision & collision

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Greetings all!
I just bought DBPro (Huurayy!!! )

AND (as a noob ) I got some questions. I have been messing around with some object collision. I have made a program which spawns 600 cubes at random, and you can steer a sphere (which the camera follows ) in and out between these cubes. I then tried to implement object collision using the built-in "if object collision..bla bla..reposition sphere to last non-collision position bla bla..". I then noticed, when I steer through the 3D environment and hit the cubes the object (and thus the camera) stops. But when it stops and I release the button that makes me move forward, the object is pushed a little bit backwards (to the last non-collision position).

Is this really the only way to make object collision, or is it possible to make collision that will run as smooth as in Unreal, or counter strike (to name a few). I mean the kind of "smooth object collision" that happens when you hit a wall.

I would be really grateful if anyone could help me (this puzzle has kept me sleepless for the last two days )

Whait.. I have just one more question: What does "Get Static Collision Hit" and all the other "-static collision"-commands do? The built-in help does not help much

Cheers to all!
AsriCE
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2003 13:49
The "Get Static Collision Hit" command is used with the "Make Static Collision Box" command. So basically, first off, you make the collision box, specify the area etc and then you check the static collision hit at X, Y & Z every loop. But bare in mind that you can't change the area of the static collision box on the fly as it is "static".

Asri CE Crew

Anak Brunei!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 07:39:59
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 07:39:59