Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Makeing pong?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hey all
im new to this and read alot about other ppl postng on the forum.
and it seem like it would be a good idea for me to start out with the game pong. now here comes my first question

when starting to program something like that, do i need to make a box or how is it?

plz dont tell me the the code in it self since i wanna explore the hold thing my self. just need some help to start out with

thx alot in advance

ps here is what i got so far
GameKit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2003 17:42
i found making my first pong game was easier when i did it in 3-D... Just make a cube sphere or cylinder then scale it to the size you want... first set up how you wan't your game to look (paddles feild and walls)... then make the paddels move up and down when you press keys... then make the ball in the middle move... then have it bounce off the walls and paddles... then have the ball go back to the middle if it goes out of bounds... next add scores to the game... then add extras like sound better graphics and eye candies (cool effects)...i hope this is sort of what you were looking for... step by step instructions but not acual code...well...i hope this helps

Anyone Can Destroy...But Few Can Create...
TheMaster80k
Years of Service
User Offline
it did thx alot, gonna test it out

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 07:52:08
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 07:52:08