Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / DarkANOÏD Gold Alpha shots

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2007 00:40 Edited at: 15th Mar 2007 00:47
Hi all,

With all my projects running (debugging and updating) these days, I work on small game project in // to the others

DarkANOÏD Gold is a sequel to DarkANOÏD (I was also the author of this one :p)

DarkANOÏD will be a 3D Brick Breaker game with many features ... You will re-discover nearly all the bonuses that were available in the old DarkANOÏD game but rebuilded from scratch and with a better look.
For those that want to get a try to the old and free DarkANOÏD game, feel free to jump at : http://www.odyssey-creators.com

But, it's now time to speak about future ...

DarkANOÏD Gold:
What new in that game ?
-It is totally rewritten from scratch
-Massive use of Shaders for higher quality graphics
-Use of alternates effects like particles, lights to produce more pleasure for your eyes.
-Use of High quality sounds and soundtracks for a more immersive interest.

Of course, the game is actually in alpha state and nearly all things available in the shots provided below are placeholder and will be replaced with definitive graphics/effects... But some of them can already show that ... it will look "dangerously nice"!!

Here are the shots:
Alpha level 1:

Alpha level 2:

Feel free to post comments...

Gandalf said: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Odyssey-Creators - X-Quad Editor - 3DMapEditor
Mr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2007 02:38
Wow! Looks ace.

You'll be able to click on this someday.
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: osu!
Posted: 15th Mar 2007 04:07
Looks very nice indeed.

Say, are you using eXtends on that? The particles look rather nice.

Cheers,

-db

Enter my forums here.
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2007 11:52
Yes, I use eXtends.
On each project I develop, I use my "eXtends" now
-Flames are eXtends 's particles one.
-Lights are eXtends 's Virtual lights.
-I Load/Clear medias using eXtends commands.

Other particles effects will be added
And other Shader effects will be added too :p

Now that the game engine work with actually 16 various bonuses (and more are planed and will be added soonly), I will work on the Gme UI

Gandalf said: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
The admiral
Years of Service
User Offline
Its too dark and that makes it feel boring

The admiral
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2007 23:09
Here is a brighten shot :
( As I said, many things are placeholder and tuning iwll come smally by smally and, of course, your ideas will be studied and added if good :p )

Look :

Chris Franklin_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2007 23:27
Neat good luck with it

TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2007 00:28
Quote: "Its too dark and that makes it feel boring
"

I disagree I'm afraid. It still looks nice but the darker one was better.

Keep it up! Looking good.

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2007 13:07
Thanks for all your comments.
I will taken them all in consideration to help me make the game become better and better

In the final game, there will be some level that will be darken than other one (all will depend on the wanted ambient for the specified world :p) and, a special bonus will put the entire game in night (like in the old DarkANOID game but with a better result :p)

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2007 05:18
Cool.

It looks very awsome.

Keep up all the good work.

Cheers,

-db

Enter my forums here.
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2007 01:26
Now that the game levels, lives, bonuses system work, I'm working on the Game UI...
It will be sensitive to game display resolution defined... It's view size will always be the same on all resolutions

Here is an other alpha snap :

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2007 03:41
I take it you are using XGUI or XFont for that then?

Anyways, looking good. Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

-db

Enter my forums here.
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2007 12:02
Actually not but I'll maybe add this for "Themes" addon capabilities

dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2007 18:08
I just played a bit of it, and have some feedback.

If you use an installer make sure you have the uninstaller link in the start menu listing as uninstalling the game was rather annoying, and not using an installer would be the best option.

Add more clarity to the power ups, I found it rather hard to see what the power ups were, and one of the power ups takes a life from you!, I found that very annoying, I think you wouldn't have any power ups than can end your game instantly, making it harder yes.

The UV mapping on the bricks looks like it was just planar mapped, you should have box mapped it as the blocks being the main part of the game.

On level 1 I had one block left and it took a few mins to actually destroy it!, I think the bat should have more of a curve so that I could have taken it out.

I found the menu slightly annoying, due to the fact you don't know how far you have to move the mouse to go to the next option that you would get from a cursor, Also you need an option to disable music, as I don't really want to select midi or Mp3 due to the fact I'm already listening to music.

The bat could be a bit bigger by default, or the camera FOV could be different as it's hard to predict where to put the mouse due to the 3D perspective, however I suppose you would get used to it after a while.

And don't take my crits the wrong way, that's just my honest opinion, as a classic like this needs to be pretty much perfect.

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2007 20:51
The game you played is NOT "DarkANOID Gold".

You played the old "DarkANOID V1" game that was developed under "DarkBASIC V1" and Upgraded to "DarkBASIC Professional" (the one you played is the one available at www.odyssey-creators.com. "DarkANOID Gold" is NOT available at www.odyssey-creators.com)

Please read carefully the post before posting anwser that does not correspond to the post subject

"DarkANOID Gold" is NOT YET available!!!
It's in WIP

I've added some features. "speed-balls" that go really faster and GUI is more complete...
More snapshots will come sooner...

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2007 19:25
Additionals screenshot:

If you don't take care and take the three stars ... You'll get in troubles ... lost in the dark ...

The negative bonus :p the three star simply push the game in the night making progress really difficult ... Per luck, this bonus is time limited ...

@dark coder:
I did forgot to say this, the original Arkanoïd from TAITO ... Has a bonus with a "B" on it ... that simply make you jump on the next level ... But the bonus rarely appear

The admiral
Years of Service
User Offline
Dark is dull and depressing people wont like it trust me.

The admiral
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2007 14:19
To be honest I really like the look of it dark in those screenshots, it looks cool.

Tempest (DBP/DBCe)
Multisync V1 (DBP/DBCe)
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2007 14:28
You can't go far wrong with an Arkanoid clone - the gameplay practically builds itself, but it's nice to see you didn't go overboard with the 3D like so many versions out there. I made one (nanoid) for the nVidia competition, although that game did get pretty strange, it's still an Arkanoid clone at heart.

Have you or are you planning on twisting things at all?, like there's a lot of scope in the enemies and powerups to improve on Arkanoids gameplay I think, like make it more hectic or violent, or even just improving ball control somehow.

I prefer inspired remakes rather than clones, really there's enough bat and ball games out there, hope you decide to put in a lot of your own ideas too and not just the traditional stuff.

Good guy, Good guy, Wan...
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2007 15:37
Yes, I plan to add some new features and improvements that are not in the ones I know ...

There are actually more than 20 various bonuses in the game and some new will appear ...

Actually, it handle all these bonuses:
Glue
2more balls (up to 4 balls at max)
Fireball (the ball that destruct everything on their way
Score bonuses (100, 200, 500, 1000, 2000, 10000)
Big/Small raquet
Speed UP/Down for balls and/or raquets
FastBALLS (extremely fast balls that are difficult to save :p)
extra live (2 ways, 1 bonus and 5 letters B, O, N, U and S)
Warp Bonus
Death Bonus (kill the raquet instantanely)
Timer bonus = increase the duration of some bonuses (glue, fireball, fastballs, night, havoc)
? = Random bonus
Night mode

I plan to add some bonuses like:
HAVOC: will cause the raquet to not respond on movements during 2s (and more if timer is higher)
MAGNET: will alter the ball movement when pressing mouse button..

I plan to add minor monsters on each levels that will pop on some places and, some bricks will release a monster when they will be destroyed.

I also plan to add Obstacles in the level that can't be destroyed.

And probably all new ideas I'll find

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2007 02:04
Here are two new shots from the alpha dev of the game.
Now background also handle shaders

I'm actually working on the insertion of monster in the game

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 20:32:30
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 20:32:30