Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2007 17:39 Edited at: 15th Mar 2007 17:40
OK so I was sitting around bored one day thinking about Flash grenades and FPSC when I realized Flash Grenades ARE possible in FPSC. I really hate to reveal this info for two reasons: because If it works noobs will swamp me with questions and I wanted this for my game only (at least for a while). But I will share I because anyone else would. A while back I got around the fact that enemies cant use two weapons by spawning a grenade entity with a zone and setting its spawn velocity to like 100 and its lifespan to 10. This allows the enemies to appear to use two weapons plus you can pick up the grenade and hurl it back. So I made a test version Flash grenade entity and I need a little help scripting it. Here is how the three HUDs I need made will work: (this is not real code)
Destroy
Plrwithin: 200 Display HUD flashigh.tga
Plrwithin: 400 Display HUD flasmed.tga
Plrwithin: 600 Display HUD flashlow.tga

Does this look like it would work? I need C and C here. I am new to scripting and texturing so please don't flame. This may be a lot to ask but could some nice people help me by making the HUDs and or script? I really need help here otherwise I won't get far. I need three HUDs I have provided some concept art (black is alpha textured) they must be full screen and in .tga form please. If this works I will obviously release the finished flash grenade free to the community. Fell free to make HUDs a little different these are just the ideas I made on paint in like two seconds.

Here is the concept art

flashigh.tga

flashmed.tga

flashlow.tga

I hope this works out and again C and C welcome, but please don't flame.
Slayer_2

EOT Check it out
http://eliteops.piczo.com
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2007 19:03
Hmm im not sure, ive never scripter before. I was thinking, however.. If it is possible to change what damage "hud" is displayed when you get injured (For just one weapon)I could do it.

For example..
If you get shot, the standard red fuzzy thing around the edge is displayed. However, if you get injured by a grenade, you would create a different decal to be displayed.
This would be simple to do, and would work even better if you could change how long the damage decal stays on. Its not really worth it, though, since the AI doesnt recognise an incapasitation - only damage.

Slayer_2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2007 19:36
Ah but if you put the explode damage to zero It will still push them around for a bit. Plus they are supposed to be used against you.
Slayer_2

EOT Check it out
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2007 17:59
Hey hey, I have a working flashbang. It was in the video for FOTF a while back. You use "runfpi" command in the character's script that then runs a flashbang script separately. I'll dig it up and send it to you....call it that long awaited freebie.

OH and instead of using 3 separate images (which will have an obvious transition) why not use 1 that makes the screen go TOTALLY white, then decrement it with the
hadefadeout
command?

(

Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2007 22:31
Ooh, id love to see that, butters.
I would have never seen it before, since my download speed used to be terrible, and i could never download videos/demos etc with crying
Tiscali must have done something in my area - going at 150kb/s finally. It doesnt sound impressive, but when I was downloading at 20kb/s before - Its a huge jump!

Slayer_2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2007 02:52 Edited at: 17th Mar 2007 04:29
Oh cool thanks Butterfingers. well I almost (but not quite) dropped the idea because I played around with them and found out how much I hated to be blind lol
Slayer_2
(edit) Yay! is this my present you said I would get on the forum on your site?

EOT Check it out
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2007 01:15
OK then get ready for a big bump! butters never got back to me on that. I might attempt it myself I guess, using the help I have received here.
*Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 10:38:16
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 10:38:16