Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Helix Addon Packs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2007 12:24 Edited at: 16th Mar 2007 12:33
Hi @ all,

there are two new FPS Creator addons available. The first addon contains 18 new segments and 30 new entities. Here's a list what is included in the addon:

Entities:

- bench
- contractor's shed
- 4 container
- barrel
- fern
- hedge
- heating
- leaves
- 2 ladders (work without script!)
- trash dumpster
- waste bin
- 4 shelfs (with and without packages)
- traffic sign
- 3 Stones (small, middle, big)
- road block
- power pole
- 3 special items (terminal box, telephone box, power box)
- warning sign
- cigarette automat

Segments:

- BrickPlast
- BrickWall
- 9 different wall segments
- 4 different street segments
- gras
- 2 Stonewalls

All models within this pack contain real world textures which were taken in over 30 hours of work. The textures were taken in a small town in Germany, called Melsungen.

If you want to see some screenshots then you can have a look at this preview PDF file: Show preview

You can get this model pack here: Link

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The second addon pack is free and also comes from Helix. This pack contains 4 new segments and one (fake) door. The textures in this pack are also taken in Melsungen. You can get this for free here: Link

Here's a screenshot of the segments:

There's also an entry in the german FPSC forum. You find it here: Link

Hope you like the new stuff.
Greetings, Hubdule

P.S. The addons were not made by myself. See the pdf file above for creators information.

Life is good!
Webmaster and Support for: http://www.fpscreator.de and http://www.darkbasic.de
MonT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2007 12:37
Thanks man, very awesome pack.

Ill be sure to download this when i get home from school today

http://www.pyrogames.org
lozza
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2007 13:08
Looks very gd. Nice contribution. Am downloading now!
Leaning Objects To The Side
Years of Service
User Offline
Good Morning Hubdule, is there any way that ...you can post some pictures of the first model pack that you have for sale...BTW...Thanks
for the free model pack..You Rock!!
Hubdule
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2007 13:59
Quote: "
"Good Morning Hubdule, is there any way that ...you can post some pictures of the first model pack that you have for sale...BTW...Thanks
for the free model pack..You Rock!!"
"

Hi "Leaning Objects To The Side", I had a search on the german forums and found two screenshots which were relesed by Helix.

Sorry, that they are that big, but they come directly from the creator. I see that you can't see all entities in these screens but it should be ok to see what you can expect. The pdf file features the same pics.

Here they are:

and

Life is good!
Years of Service
User Offline
Hubdule,This pack is AWESOME!! How much is it.. in American dollars?

I want to buy this pack now.. I love the pics
Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2007 14:26
wow
nice segments
they look real...well i guess they are sorta real since u said "The textures were taken in a small town in Germany, called Melsungen."

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2007 14:31
sweet

go to:
www.freewebs.com/futurefps
www.chainoffreedom.com.piczo.com
Hubdule
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2007 14:58
Hi Mr Makealotofsmoke,

that's true, Helix told me they walked around their home city and where taking a lot of photos which they use for texturing their objects. There's one trash container in that pack where you can see some beer cans in it and some other stuff. I really like it and they promised me to release more of their work + textures.

Life is good!
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2007 15:14
Hubdule, now those are some decent looking models and textures. Worlds better then that school pack man. Looks like some time was taken. Good luck with the pack.

Locrian
Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2007 15:22 Edited at: 16th Mar 2007 15:24
i didn't know that Hubdule presented it here till he told me
but it's ok

thank you for your comments

it was a lot of hard work and i hope it's useful for you out there

i'm sorry that the setups from the commercial and the free pack are in German, the problem is, the Installer "b1g Setup" is only avaialable in german.

P.S. "Dark Goblin" and me are the developers of Helix and the packs.

and i have too add, it's the "Helix Addons Model Pack #1 - Unsorted"

My System: Intel Xeon 3060 @ 2,4 GHz, Asus Commando, 2GB DDR2-800 RAM, Thermaltake Shark Black, Sapphire Radeon X1900GT, BenQ FP71E+
-- Helix Games Head Developer --
Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
j want to say thanks too^^

i also didn`t know that Hubdule had post it here but i think it was a good idea.

And also thanks to Nighthawk that he had said that i had worked at this too^^(he forgot this a lot of time in German Forum)

I'm from Germany so don't say something about my English! Otherwise i will be a bit angry!^^
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2007 15:46
Looks nice. One of the wall entities next to the trailer (up on blocks) appears to be missing a texture, as it is white.

-Keith

Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2007 15:49
yeah... the Screenshots are a little bit old, i fixed it already

My System: Intel Xeon 3060 @ 2,4 GHz, Asus Commando, 2GB DDR2-800 RAM, Thermaltake Shark Black, Sapphire Radeon X1900GT, BenQ FP71E+
-- Helix Head Developer --
G4fan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2007 16:52
Quote: "Hubdule,This pack is AWESOME!! How much is it.. in American dollars?"

Yeah, How much?

I like this pack. Great work.

Best of Luck,
G4fan

My first game: "Wars of Crime"-35% completed
Hubdule
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2007 17:02
Quote: "
How much is it.. in American dollars?
"

I checked it with the yahoo currency calculator. It says 8.99ā‚¬ are around 11.97$ + - some cent. ( 1.3320$ = 1ā‚¬ )

Life is good!
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Hubdule, for the update. Will buy right now....BTW...You are the Best!!
Snowwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2007 17:04
Cool Model Pack... (Why do I recognize these guys)

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2007 18:16 Edited at: 20th Mar 2007 18:41
Quote: "(Why do I recognize these guys)"

Perhaps if you were lurking around the forum a wile ago and have just recently made an account, perhaps you'll remember that Nighthawk was noob slapped(here on the English speaking forums anyways) for using HL2 textures and claiming them as his own(this thread is now deleted due to public outrage). I would have held off on my saying "nice pack" if I'd of known who'd made it.

It's of further note that this member has a very strict code at which he has to comply because of his past deceit as outlined here in Umans last post of his locked thread:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=89613&b=25

It seems Hubdule is now posting in his stead, so these rules don't have to be adhered to.

Saying he took the pictures is no proof of copyright or ownership where this member is concerned because of his past conduct. He's going to need to register his images and provide us a link to said license and copyright, as per Umans instructions.

I'd like it to be known I'm not starting anything so Hubdule don't run to indi with his woes. I'm simply reminding members and Mods of stipulation put upon this particular member(e.g. Nighthawk).
Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2007 18:54 Edited at: 20th Mar 2007 19:34
Here's the 'proof', it's a list (or an image) with every picture we made for use in this pack.

nearly every picture was taken in Melsungen, my home city, others in a village near Melsungen and some in a bigger city called 'Kassel'

i learned from that time on, but now it's completely different

the pictures shown on this site were many captures from the folders i store the images in.

It's very much... and a big picture. (1004x5890)
I did't include the final textures, just the original pics from the camera, but if you want to see them too, just write it here

if there's something missing, please tell me

http://helixgames.funpic.de/txarch.html

P.S. Snowwolf is a user from the german forum, i know him and he know's me
probably he said that because of an other thing... a discussion about "free" and "commercial" model packs...

oh i forgot to mention, DarkGoblin has some pictures/textures i don't have in my archive, i can post them later, too

-- Helix Head Developer --
Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
why do all think the textures are stoolen from some games???

i hope you know now, that we have taken the textures from real pictures from our city!!!

I'm from Germany so don't say something about my English! Otherwise i will be a bit angry!^^
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2007 21:39
It really don't matter Dark Goblin. Nighthawks screwed up his reputation around here. Just saying he took the picture is no proof.

Any texture he post, free or for sale, on this forum has to have proof of the copyright as per Umans instructions. If you took the pictures and can't prove it, that's no one's here problem. It's just a bunch of thumbs. Just because you posted those is no proof "you" took the pictures, or that your allowed to use them. I can take images from other sites and make thumbnails and post them on my server.

The burden of proof lies solely on Nighthawk. His work has conditions no one else has. I don't know of another member that has to "prove" where his textures come from. This is Nighthawks problem because of his actions around here.

Quote: "...and additionally make available here full details of any copyrights regarding all pack materials."

Thumbnails are not details of copyrights for his packs materials.
Need it in writing traceable back to him. It's not our problem if you have no copyright. Pay a service to copyright your works so you have some paperwork on them, or, next forum don't attempt to sell others authors works and you'll be free of these kinds of stipulations.
pdidy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2007 21:59 Edited at: 20th Mar 2007 22:54
hmm some people just dont learn do they.
Hubdule
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2007 22:20 Edited at: 20th Mar 2007 22:23
Maybe Nighthawk did something wrong in the past, fine, but this time
he took the pictures in and around Melsungen with his friend. I don't
see the problem here. Nighthawk even showed you the original photos
from his camera. So why don't you simply honour his work this time?

First you said that you like it, now that you know who made it it's not good at all???
If you don't like it, then it's fine but please write Nighthawk an
email or a PM but don't start a stupid flamewar here.

P.S. Some information about the copyright law: Click me

Life is good!
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2007 22:33
Quote: "First you said that you like it, now that you know who made it it's not good at all???
If you don't like it, then it's fine but please write Nighthawk an
email or a PM but don't start a stupid flamewar here."

Informing his fellow forum members that Nighthawk has had issues on the forums in the past is not starting a flame war.
It's a good idea to know if someone has had these problems before.
I personally would not use anything that Nighthawk made because he has had piracy issues and I could not be sure that what he posted (or what anybody posted for him) was his.
But that is just me.
If his stuff is in my game and I get sued I can't say I bought it off someone else or downloaded something from somewhere else.
I am the one liable for it...and I am poor and can't afford to pay for a lawsuit.
My suggestion to Nighthawk and friends would be since Uman handled this before that you contact him via e-mail and inform him of what is going on.
And I will look into this myself.Since I didn't moderate the initial thread I don't know everything about it yet.

Years of Service
User Offline
U have a point there FredP
Hubdule
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2007 22:44 Edited at: 20th Mar 2007 22:45
Anything heard of a second chance? Hope you all get one sometime in your life.
By the way I wouldn't add something to the Addon Shop if I knew that rights of a third person are interfering with a pack.
I don't say anything to this topic anymore as long as it has nothing to do with the pack itself.

Life is good!
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2007 22:49 Edited at: 20th Mar 2007 22:57
I'm not saying it's not good work. And I'm betting 99.9% sure that he "did" take the pictures. But this guy on this forum has stipulations to him posting anything. You posting it for him dose not negate this.

It's like a child molester that gets out of jail. He may have served his time but he's still required to register in every town that he moves to for the rest of his life.

This isn't a flame war. He's expected to do what he's asked by our moderators. An example has been made of Nighthawk. And he has terms to any of his work being showed on this site.

And I'm not going to read your lil link on copyright law. The actual law isn't my problem. He has to show some proof, so we'll need a paper trail of some kind. End of story.

Is this unfair? Probably. Like I said no one else has to. But when you get your hand caught in the cookie jar, it then gets put out of reach......Like his ability to sell items here without proof...Showing some thumbnails on a site isn't proof. I can take images and mock up a site like that in 15 minutes or less.

Do what's right and tell your friend if he can't register his photos that he's not going to be able to sell his wares on the TGC site. Now registering could mean him donating his photos to a texture site and using their license that allows use of images on their site. At least then if he's ripped off the images, the site he donates them to has his IP and it's up to them to take action absolving anyone that may have downloaded or used them.

This isn't rocket science.....And I don't give second chances on line. And rarely in real life. I figure a persons first impression is their true self. If someone has to "change their evil ways" because they got caught, it's usually faked. JMO

You have to have a similar saying in Germany- "Screw me once, shame on you, screw me again, shame on me"
Hubdule
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2007 23:11
If you want to tell me something, please write me an email. This forum ist the wrong place for it, period.

Life is good!
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2007 23:46 Edited at: 20th Mar 2007 23:59
Only thing I want to say is remove the pack until Uman has been talked to, and proof has been posted for us. Im inbetween renders so I don't have time to email you.

Why havent you removed the ad for this? Is there a reason the rules work in reverse for you? Is there a reason his ad is posted with no proof yet, instead of posting after this members requirements to this forum have been satisfied?

The question I have of you, and this can be said publicly:
Why do you not have to obide by our moderators rules and we do? Being a close friend of a mod on another forum here changes nothing that I can fathom.

We're/others/I(and I am getting emails and IM's but others don't like jumping into the fire like I will) am wondering what makes you better then us, in that after reading what Uman said about proof, you still haven't removed that ad?
fik
Years of Service
User Offline
Now why should that be. When others allowed to post there stuff for sale. When they still haven't proven their copy of max not pirated, after they acussed lots of others. Then when ask same of theirs they laid low for a while then came back and offered stuff for sale (can't find that thread now did it get convieniently deleted!!). Oh i forgot there are two tiers of members here those few who are allowed to do anything, and every one else.

But Yes every one, who has even the slightest hope of selling their game should be very careful of what stuff they get for free or pay for. And be very sure it is made with legal software or not ripped from something else else if their stuff should end up selling and they are found out it is them that can be sued!

Normaly i wouldn't bother posting this but this is getting very anoying and spoiling the comunity.This FPSC forum is better than it was a while back but is still a very unwelcoming and hostile part of the board and heading worse again.

Maybe the APU needs to change or one or two moderators.

If you want a classic example look at Quirky thread to see different attitude in parts of the same board.

Rant over don't expect to get me to be drawn into a flame war.
Won't happen.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2007 01:40
Fik, because that's the rule for this member. He was caught.

We don't trust him.

Not sure what part of that you guys that never post our forums don't get.

And we're not going to flame you. Your obviously unaware of this members "special" circumstances.

Nothing is getting ruined.
This request made by Uman, and brought up by myself, for Nighthawk was intended to "protect" the community. This also shows other would be plagiarist, that if your caught...we don't forget. Think of it as a deterrent and a community that looks out for one another.
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2007 12:38
Ok, Loc if it was handled by Uman send him an email and let him deal with it, last time I checked you were not he TGC forums secret service...You said your piece now let it alone. It's up to the MODS to deal with it. I am not sure if thisis your attempt to create as much chaos as possible in an attempt to get this thread locked. Why not sit back let the MODS deal with it? At times I think we are all way to spun up about things...If anything the MODS should create a new sticky listing those that create content and then a yes or no for distributing based on the proof that they offer for the ownership of the media they are trying to sell.
This would be a good way for new people to figure out who is trusted and who is not trusted. If people get offended by being labelled than they need to get over it, remember we are dealing with situations that can and most likely will affect not only those of us who are older but also the guardians of those younger members....

Regards,
RF

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2007 13:02
OK, everybody has said there piece, concerning this thread. I suggest we leave it up to Uman to handle it now.

Quote: "Maybe the APU needs to change or one or two moderators."

Is there something you'd like to say, Fik?

I've asked about setting up a board just for "vetted" commercial media before, but have had no official reply. I'd have to put together an actual proposal first, but I don't have the time at the moment. One of these days, I'll give it a go though.

-Keith

Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
-.-

i think we all know what had happend in the past, but these pictures are taken by Nightahwk and me...

and if you something against him, you say also all against me...

i donĀ“t think you think we had not taken this pictures...

come to melsungen so we will show you where^^(if you want to)

but i think this is something, we shouldn't do.

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2007 21:35
Quote: "My concerns aren't for the mods to do their jobs. They will do that on their own. Not everyone visits this site on a daily basis. So me posting true items of interest(even if only to me), keeps this in the limelight.

Once a thief, always a thief. Zebras don't change their stripes. Etc, Etc. There are no second chances on line. Who knows. After I get done with my comic work and renders I may even feel the need for another free pack to be released courtesy of 3dDesign.

Punkin? haven't we talked about you correcting me before? You gotta be in the right to correct someone, OK sweetheart? K..

Is any of this sinking in? Just steer clear of me and we'll get along a hell of alot better. You don't attack me cause someone else was wrong! Are you insane? Is that the kinda bull*** they teach you in the British army? To back off when your in the right? Maybe it is. I feel sorry for Tony Blair. Hope that Mega mosque works out for you guys over there....."

I posted this for a reason, I know it's gonna make Loc really mad but who cares. Time and time again piracy threads like this pop up.
And I understand the situation should be dealt with as swfitly as it can be; We have Moderators for a reason. Once you have stated your concern about something you should drop it and let the MODS deal with it, because in the end it doesn't matter what you say as a user it is the MOD who makes the final decision about these forums and what stays and goes. Now I realise that soemtimes it may take longer for a MOD to deal with a situation and there are probably reasons for the delays that is their call.

Now to the email bit of it.

Loc, Why do you think I attacked you? I simply stated what I see. It's a simple concept, You are known for finding problems with media on these forums and that's a good thing. But you have got to remember that once you have stated your problem and a MOD steps in you need to step back and let them handle the situation. I am not sure if it as attempt for you to draw the other person in to a flame war, but come on man, say your peace and be done with it. Last time I checked the MODS were responsible for removing pirated media.

And to clear somethings up....

I am not British, I am an American stationed in Britian. I thought you always gathered your facts before you spoke? And I never attacked you because someone else was wrong.
(Which still hasn't been proven)

Regards,
RF

Snowwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2007 23:26 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2007 23:30
Jesus Christ! This is a [mod edit] Forum and not a Spywar of misstrust, if he tells us that he took the pictures, he took the pictures, You guys arent professional game developers (no you arent). So dont say that someone steels ressources if you cant show that your think is real.(baaaad english).

Theres no Privacy Protection and Copyright watching Special unit shooting on guys.

So simpley let it be!

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2007 23:33
Quote: "Theres no Privacy Protection and Copyright watching Special unit shooting on guys."

You might be wrong about that...if you check out the hot topic in the FPSc Product Chat forum you will find we do have one forum member whose hobby it is to catch pirates and put them out of business...and he's been pretty successful at it.

And please watch your language.Swearing is not allowed on these forums.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 10:16:01
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 10:16:01