Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Build Exe with Media

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello everyone....very newbie question im afraid.

Only recently got hold of DB Pro and just started to seriously mess about with it. I notice in the programming environment that there is an option to include all your media/image files etc.

However I find I still have to distribute my external files with my exe in order for the program to run.

ie Load Image "temp.bmp",1

I still need to distribute temp.bmp even though I have included all my source files in the final exe.

There doesnt seem to be a great deal of documentation on the editor itself about. Can anyone help?
GameKit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2003 17:25
when you make your exe choose build final instead of build exe... this should include your media in you're exe...hope this helps

Anyone Can Destroy...But Few Can Create...
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2003 01:51
Game_Creator: that is for DB classic, ChrisS has DBPro where things are a bit different.

To make images get included in the exe, click on blue 'media' button in editor and click on 'add' button and add the images you want. If they match your load image commands they will get included.

On settings tab, makes sure radio button selected that is 'EXE with attached media'. You also have option of compressing and encrypting attached media (recommended)

Gronda, Gronda
Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2003 15:44
weird starting off with pro...i woulda started in classic but.....

I always win don't you know that?
Programming RPG games in Dark Basic
Since 1999.
ChrisS
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks guys, thats sorted it for me.

Just getting a bit used to the editor at the moment.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 07:26:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 07:26:54