Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Humvee...rear gear?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I would like to move the humvee along waypoints.
I set physics to "no", and it works but...the humvee moves with the rear gear! There is no way to turn it on front, it follows correctly the waypoint but the humvee is reversed.
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2007 16:47
i dont understand what you are saying, is the humvee just following the waypoint backwards? if so, just set the rotatey in it's fpe file to 180.

evil lies within all of us...we just don't know it yet
Venge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2007 17:01
i think he means, the humvee rotates around the rear axle..
You might be able to edit this with a 3d modeler (if its allowed?)

Soon to come: Corvette vs. some..other car
sgrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks guys, sorry for my bad english.
Maybe venge it is in right, and Fps model was wrong built (you find it in Modern Day/Vehicle/Humvee).
i've modified the roty value in the .fpe file, setting to 180 but it is still....facing back when moving along waypoints!
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2007 18:45
I haven't looked at the Hummer model in any app, but like Venge says, it may need to be dealt with in a modeling app. I'm betting the axis point, which is the center x=0,y=0,z=0 section of the model is centered either in the middle or rear.

Getting a believable turn out of any static model is going to be dang near impossible. Your best bet is to get your scene completed that you want your hummer to drive in. Map this out well, taking note of how many segments forward and whatever direction your turning it. Mock this up in your modeling application using 100x100 pixel squares to represent your ground tiles. Animate your vehicle, then delete the tiles you used for reference.

Say this whole animation is like 300 frames. Just write a script to trigger the beginning of the animation so the player can see it drive, and the last frame(its final parking spot) would just be played over and over as it's idle basically.

When you take this engine from it's point and click origins, things are going to start becoming more complicated.

Good Luck
Loc
cell289
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2007 03:58
what script did u use? i remember a script that dos'nt allow you to rotate,it's in a defferent file from the other waypoint script, i recall...

coder of gml,(game maker language)i made the best 2d evar.
i'm ready to take on another demesion~! (bascicly,you can ask me for sprites.)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 10:24:22
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 10:24:22