Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Help with creating and moving of enemy sprites

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, I'm making a 2-d space shooter game thing, and I was wondering about help with some issues I'm having. I asked some in the 2D thread, but looking for a little more help here, if possible.

-How do I make these enemy (still about to get an enemy sprite ship) and asteroids (which I have now) move? I've tried altering their x/y axes, but it's not been doing anything. Is there an easy way to create a certain number of them

-For detecting the sprite collisions, would I just have to do a for/next statement to loop through all the sprites, and then do the same in the blowitup method (to find out where to loop explosion images)?

-As far as making enemy strengths and stuff, is there an example I can look at as far as using arrays for something like this?

-Also, just need to know a good way to set up how/when levels change, basically want to start out with small # of asteroids, then increase those, then go to enemy ships and the like.

Sorry if it's a lot to ask. Also, I wasn't sure which version of DB I was using (but found out recently!) that I'm using DBC.

Here's the code I have so far

Thanks for any help!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 19:21:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 19:21:29