Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Need help please. Almost there. I think...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2007 17:37
Have spent many weeks now here just looking around the forum. Looked at many tutorials here, and bought MagicFPS. I use 3dsMax to create my entities. and have just now learned how to texture the entity I made. Thanks to you all for that help.(reading the forums. Got a great lesson from one of the members on getting the entity and .fps and .tga into the folder in fps creator. So far, so good...I think... Now for the problem, When I run fpscreator and use the entity the program seems to freeze up with an error massage that states: "runtime Error 700bject does not exist at line 13349". I know what it says, but what does this mean ? And would anyone please tell me how to overcome this. I know from all the posts I've read that many here seem to get agitated when asked the same question over and over. But I really don't know what to look for to find the answer to this problem.
Thanks for any help I might recieve. And I hope to show off some of my work here when I resolve these last problems.
Jim

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
Mark Twain

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2007 19:31 Edited at: 18th Mar 2007 19:32
Fist off, welcome to the forums. Yes some( me included ) get irretated on some questions. The answer to your question isn't that obvious though, so that gives you the free pass for posting this in the wrong place( Instead of 3dchat...this is for ingame work thats completed)

What it is, you have a missing mesh. Exactly what mesh is missing, no one knows. This can happen offten due to:
* Packs with errors that you've tried to install.
* Incorectly installing packs.
* Building a map then later unistalling a pack and trying to load the old map.

Sorry to say that basically this error boils down to user error 95% of the time. Finding the offending mesh can at times be problematic if you have a very large game.

Theres not really much help anyone can offer.

Good luck,
Loc

Read the stickies man...learn where to post......
Jjohn1357
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2007 03:58
Thanks for the reply. I am still looking around, hoping to find the answers to many questions. Can't say that I know enough about FPScreator to know really how to find what I need. Am having a really good time creating a level using the entities and segments already in the game creator, and hope that as time passes I'll know how to create my own entities and segments.
Anyway, Locrian thanks for answering.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
Mark Twain

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 10:19:02
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 10:19:02