Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / need oppinions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2003 14:17
http://uk.geocities.com/maniacimagine/

check out this sites layout etc and tell me what you all think. I want to have the design perfect then i will add the content and it will be ready to go.
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2003 14:25
So far it looks ok, I especially liked the menu scroller as you moved up and down the page, nice to the eyes. I'll wait to see when there's more on there

Sounds great though

"Man who looses key to woman's appartment...... He get no nookie" - A wise chinese man.
Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2003 14:32
cool thx... plz nobody mention spelling errors... oh yeah and best viewed in 1024x728 or bigger.
n3t3r453r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2003 14:34
Nice menu and title but I think numbers are really not needed.

I'd like to change the world, but God doesn't want to give me sources!
Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2003 15:58
hmm yeah, a few of my friends have said that, what do you reckon i should replace them with? personally i quite like them.
Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2003 16:00
good start bud keep it goin

I always win don't you know that?
Programming RPG games in Dark Basic
Since 1999.
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2003 16:23
Maniac, I'm not sure from a copyrighted material issue but why not actually use the symbols used from "The Matrix" film. That would look real smart

"Man who looses key to woman's appartment...... He get no nookie" - A wise chinese man.
Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2003 19:43
i dont remember what it looked like so i made a similar copy... as long as people can see its something to do with the matrix im happy.
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2003 23:52
Ahh, Matrix - 3d worlds - I get it

The numbers : Open the separate gifs of the animated file, open them up in Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop, and make a new black picture the same size. Paste the numbers onto the black picture as a new layer, then set the alpha level of the layer to around 40-50%

Do that for all the pictures, then remake the animation with the new subtler numbers, and set it to loop about twice the current speed, and I think it'll look much more effective, AND make the website content clearer at the same time!

Just a suggestion, and if you don't have the right software I'll do it 4 ya if u like Anyways I won't be offended if you don't like the suggestion, its a nice website idea anyways, good luck

Coming Soon! Kangaroo2 Studio... wait and quiver with anticipation! lol
samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2003 00:20
kangaroo, i like ur oppinions, but i dont c why my content isnt clear enough. If you could make my matrix effect better then do it, email to sniperdude2k1@hotmail.com. Thx I would be very grateful... im working on some maps atm so the site will be put on hold, not to mention tutorials.
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2003 00:42 Edited at: 14th May 2003 01:09
Oki doing it now. Its not that they aren't clear, as the website text is in blank boxes. Its just that the background to a page should really be a softer focus than the actual text, otherwise the screen can be too busy. I like the movement of the animation tho, I think maybe it should be faster for more effect, and this would definiately distract if the graphic wasn't softer.

[edit] Ok I've finished now, have a look at it in action at
http://www.mywestsomerset.com/matrix.html

and here's the pic

Hope u like it, don't worry if u don't

Cheers, Sam / Kangaroo2

samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2003 01:20
wow thaats cool, ill try to add you to credits, but i dont think im having a credits section, oh well, ill remember that it was you
Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2003 01:22
changes made and lookin much better, cheers mate, reckon the site is ok now
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2003 05:01
Maniac, I agree with Kangaroo2, that looks well smart. You know, you could actually make your symbols more or less like the matrix symbols by jiterring and adding small lines etc, or even use something like a Chinese or Kantenese font. Ya know what I mean?

Because of the faded effect, it'll bring the Matrix film to mind straight away without people actually trying to figure out what the symbols actually are.

Just a thought mind.

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2003 12:04
No problem, glad u liked it I think it looks better

Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2003 14:26
i never even noticed that the matrix had weird symbols... i thought it was numbers, but every1 keeps telling me that now.
ClearCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2003 15:05
look if you want i have a gif of the proper code you have to edit it again but the basics are there

crystal

Newbie Now; Expert Later
Current project:The Sorus
Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2003 20:50
cheers but i thank that could draw attention from the site lol its very bright and in your face... i think ill leave it as it is... u can work out what it is, and it's subtle.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 21:23:37
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 21:23:37