Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / [DBP] Built-In particles systems - help please...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2007 03:03
Ok, I've tried searchin the DBP board, newcomers board and the code base, and I just can not find anything that really explains particles (built in system). I have read the help files and figured out the basics, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to change the "Shape" of the particle system. What I mean is, the particles kind of look like a semi circle, or, if you turn off gravity, a cone. How can I change the steepness of the cone?

Many Thanks...

"There will always be evil, for, without evil, the good shall lose their virtue."
Ankillito
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2007 22:46
Can anyone at least direct me to another help source for built in particles, like a tutorial I didn't find when I searched for one?

"There will always be evil, for, without evil, the good shall lose their virtue."
Kieran
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2007 07:47
TDK's particle tutorial....check the sticky

Ankillito
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2007 07:55
Ok, there were tutorials there that I forgot about, but the particles tutorial that you are referring to is for DB Classic, and I'm trying to make use of the built in particle system in DBP. Thanks for reminding me about that great resource though...

Kieran
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2007 21:11
alot of DBC code works in DBP so i suggest you at least read some of it to understand particles, and with any luck your question may be answered.

Ankillito
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2007 22:01 Edited at: 25th Mar 2007 22:02
...um, it doesn't work that way. The tutorial was how to make your own particle system, because DBC does not have a built in system. My original question is how to use the BUILT IN particles system in DBP. But you are correct in that the tutorial will teach me how to make a particle system - I just want to make use of DBP's functionality.

Kieran
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2007 22:07
umm well as far as i know you can't change the shape in which the particles emit in the built in system but yeah i can't help you any further.

Ankillito
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2007 22:26
thanks anyway.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 19:16:15
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 19:16:15