Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / [DPB] Is it worth using the built in particle system?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2007 03:37
Having posted a few times and received no answer as to how to use/ where a tutorial is for the built in particle system, I am beginning to think no one knows. Also, is it practical to use the built in system, or would it be better to create your own, customized system?

"There will always be evil, for, without evil, the good shall lose their virtue."
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2007 04:02
No. Its always better to write your own routines (with some exceptions obviously) to give you more control over what data is used, how the system operates, etc.

Ankillito
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2007 04:12
No wonder no one wanted to help me use the built in ones...

"There will always be evil, for, without evil, the good shall lose their virtue."
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2007 05:09
Its not that. You only gave people a day to respond, give them a week with periodic bumps if absolutely necassary. Besides the fact that (however sad but true it may be) people only tend to help with things that interest them, and particles are usually on the boring side.

Ankillito
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2007 05:19 Edited at: 27th Mar 2007 05:19
True that, but as for only giving them a day, I was refering to other threads that have been going since last thursday: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=102603&b=7 and one that has been going since January:http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=97804&b=1.

I have also seen threads that other people have started on this topic, and no one responded.

Turoid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2007 23:27
I dont like the inbuilt particle systems.. they're eeh just ugly and as ruccus said, you got less control over the movement of them. Sometimes I create placeholder particles using the inbuilt system, but never for my finals.

I am awesome and always right.
Ankillito
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2007 07:44
I just assumed that the inbuilt particles would be faster, and more efficient...

P.S. Japan is a great place to be over spring break. Cherry Blossom season...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 21:28:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 21:28:06