Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Space Wars

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2007 23:41 Edited at: 29th Sep 2007 00:42
Space Wars is a 3rd person action adventure where you play as Rick Krauser, a space marine who has joined in a war against Pluto. As you know, Pluto is angry at us after we rejected that it was a real planet, and now they wanna destroy us for that. well now, your buddies are taken over by the alien forces and are being turned against you. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?

This game was made with 'The 3D Gamemaker'(and will stay that way) and is under going creation

Here is screen 1

I don't care what they say. T3DGM Rules!!!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
zavix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2007 23:41
and Screen 2

Attachments

zavix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2007 23:41
and the last screen

Attachments

Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2007 23:50
Sorry, 3D Gamemaker stuff not allowed

zavix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2007 17:31
The game Demo is here. I tried to upload it yesterday but filefront was having a problem.

so anyway HERE IT IS

http://files.filefront.com//;7056569;/

Copy the link and paste it to the top.
Chris Franklin_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2007 17:32
Quote: "Sorry, 3D Gamemaker stuff not allowed "

0_o other 3dgm stuff has been posted here.

Looks good for 3d game maker.

zavix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2007 17:34
I was thinking the same thing.

"if T3DGM stuff ain't allowed here, it would of said so in the AUP."

thx for the positive feedback.
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2007 19:38 Edited at: 28th Mar 2007 19:38
Its allowed, its just pointless. Nobody can really see how much effort you put into a game, when 3/4 of it is done by clicking and dropping.

Its like me buying a car and showing it off at a show where everyone else made their own cars from scratch.

Still, the graphics look nice.

TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2007 19:54
Its not pointless; not everyone is or wants to be a programmer. Many artists out there will just want to put their artwork into a game without all the hassle. Alternatively, they don't want to be a programmer but like the creativity of making their own game. Admittedly, if it is a case of someone saying "oh, look at me, i made an amazing game which is better than any of you stoopid programmers could do. For sure I just drag and dropped some stuff but meh!" then they are fools. But that isn't the case. He has made some nice media and put it into what looks like a fun, if simply made, game.

zavix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2007 22:48
well, it's gonna be TOO simple. I have to take care of a lot of different elements like placement, object properties, music, how the design is, all that stuff. anyway, the true value of this game is because it's part of special game packs that I am developing.

each one will have large scale games with assorted themes.

other games I'm making include

BATTLE FOR SATURN
HELL ON EARTH
THE CRYPT HUNTER
FIRE RACER
and many more

all of which are T3DGM games that I'm still planning out.
zavix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2007 20:22
and a word of advice to those who say

"make this into an FPSC game. that would be better"

here's the thing, there's a sequel which is an FPSC game.
and it isn't started yet.
I'm just saying this to give you a heads up
Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2007 20:50
you didn't make that media did you? isn't that just what comes with t3dgm?

thanks to deathead for the sig!
Projects: alien abductor-5%
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2007 00:05
Quote: "Its not pointless; not everyone is or wants to be a programmer. Many artists out there will just want to put their artwork into a game without all the hassle. Alternatively, they don't want to be a programmer but like the creativity of making their own game. Admittedly, if it is a case of someone saying "oh, look at me, i made an amazing game which is better than any of you stoopid programmers could do. For sure I just drag and dropped some stuff but meh!" then they are fools. But that isn't the case. He has made some nice media and put it into what looks like a fun, if simply made, game."

Quote: "you didn't make that media did you? isn't that just what comes with t3dgm?"

You can't import your own media into Game Maker from what I know.

I really hate seeing Game Maker games here, because this board really is for programs people are working on (ex, fpsc games, which CAN use custom media and are far more complex, still aren't posted here).

it's great that you made a Game Maker game. It's great that you're making games. But really, I'm here to look at something original.

Really, I can't see this as any better than someone posting a design doc on this board.

Image All
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2007 00:28 Edited at: 4th Apr 2007 00:30
Quote: "You can't import your own media into Game Maker from what I know."

I've imported my old Pyro-GX model and some other enemy bots from Descent into T3DGM, along with their own projectiles. They weren't animated, but they were still imported . All you do is put the .x model and its textures into a folder like the others, with a thumb.bmp file as a thumbnail, and copy a .dat file from another object which is generally the same as your own object, but change some of the properties with a text editor.

zavix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2007 02:45 Edited at: 4th Apr 2007 02:48
sorry

I just have absolutely NO programming skill whatsoever.

T3DGM may be a 'much too simple' tool, but it's still a part of TGC media. it may be in last place of the popularity line, but think about it: without T3DGM, how will new game creators take their 1st steps into the world of game making. they can't use FPSC 'cuz it'll take days to make a game with it. and some people have minus cartography skills. and you need that skill to develop a game with FPSC. T3DGM has pre-scenes. making it simple for gaming.

In fact, I just got Flash MX this afternoon. and once I get completely into it, I'll make these promotional animations for FPSC and T3DGM.

here's the FPSC ani script:

a person is standing in a dark void
and he's saying this:

"I wanna create a video game. but not just any other game, I want it to be a first person shooter. Yeah, an FPS with enemies like Cyber-soldiers, and robots, and german soldiers. I want the player to start in a small control room filled with computers, and generators, and sitting on a table is a Scoped Machine Rifle with 3 extra clips for an emergency. and behind a door is a large complex filled with enemies, scenery, and pick-ups.
but I don't wanna spend hours on the com trying to program. I have no experience whatsoever."

a mysterious figure emerges from the shadows and tells him:

"if that's your destiny, then use this."

the figure hands the person a xerox of FPSC and the figure says:

"with this, you can create your vision without the hassle of programming or art needs."

the person (okay, stop calling him that. his name is Jack Krause. he's 27 and lives in Daytona beach with a job as a patrol officer)
takes the xerox of FPSC to a nearby computer and starts using it.
after finishing up, he says:

Jack: this is incredible. My idea is alive. this thing is AWESOME!

the word 'FPS CREATOR' pops up. the F turns into a pistol
| | | |
| |_____|
| |
| |
| |
|_______|

While the other letters fade away.
the pistol aims at the camera and fires. unleashing a big BOOM!

Movie ends

so that's the script of events in the FPSC ani.

Sorry for all those lines. I tried drawing a pistol with the line keys. but it didn't turn out
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2007 03:14 Edited at: 4th Apr 2007 03:16
So you know, I have nothing against t3dgm or fpsc, or even people who lack the want or ability to code, I simply don't like that you posted three wip threads about t3dgm games so short a period of time. Notice I didn't object to the first one (once you actually started making it), it was the second two.

zavix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2007 21:15
I see what you mean.

and my mind's making up so many ideas.

It's like a copying machine. ROFL
Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2007 21:38
Actually... a copy machine would just copy the same story over and over...

Wait, your right it does make sense.

-Mansoor
zavix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2007 01:15
I meant like something that just keeps making different ideas automatically without cease.
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2007 08:08
Well, a lot of us do that. Just deside which ideas to post here and which not to. Pick the best ones, or if you're abitious, put all your ideas into one and then try to make something realistic out of it. That's what I like about drawing- because of my skill, I have basicaly zero limmitations in what I draw.

zavix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2007 22:55
UPDATE

I will take some new screens today.

sorry for that real long delay.

Vista wouldn't let me use T3DGM so we got rid of it, then I had to reinstall my stuff onto the computer.

so I'll start takin' them now.

zavix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2007 23:26
okay. here they are.

Screen 1: the starting room

Attachments

zavix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2007 23:26
Screen 2: My own comrade turned against me

Attachments

zavix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2007 23:27 Edited at: 24th Jul 2007 23:27
Screen 3: a pit and mutant.

That's all for now

Attachments

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " Nobody can really see how much effort you put into a game, when 3/4 of it is done by clicking and dropping.

"

Like FPSC Creator.Hmmm! Think about it.

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2007 01:04
Quote: "without T3DGM, how will new game creators take their 1st steps into the world of game making. they can't use FPSC 'cuz it'll take days to make a game with it."

Well, that's exactly what makes a good first step. Not too easy. I take two weeks to make my first real game in DBC and it was a stupid game in which you had a block that could stomp other blocks. But hey, it worked. The whole goal here is learning, really. You seem to have mastered T3DGM and seem to moving on to FPSC, and that's good.

Not joining in the T3DGM bashing though, if you like to work in that, do so. Just move on when you master.

Looks nice.

GatorHex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2007 08:42
I like the look of your game

I think FPSC has the FPSC Showcase thread, that's why they don't appear here.

It would be interesting to see what people can produce in 3DGM and until they get their own forum thread where else could they do it?

DinoHunter (still no nVidia compo voucher!), CPU/GPU Benchmark, DarkFish Encryption DLL, War MMOG (WIP), 3D Model Viewer
zavix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2007 16:26
I'm thinking that when I make my own forums, I'll add the following

an FPSC board

a T3DGM board

a picture board

Tom J
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2007 16:51
Quote: "I'm thinking that when I make my own forums, I'll add the following

an FPSC board

a T3DGM board

a picture board"

Why is there the need to make your own forum? Several users have attempted this before and they have all failed in managing a busy and succesful forum because people will just stay at this forum and only a couple of people will migrate to yours.

Also, no DBC/P board?

Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2007 21:25
Quote: "without T3DGM, how will new game creators take their 1st steps into the world of game making."

My answer to that is
PRINT "hello world"

I do however understand that not everyone was born to be a programmer or even wants to, so something like FPSC is great to get fast results.
I, on the other hand, prefer to learn about what computers can do, and to be able to make a game with that knowledge is awesome
My expectations have lowered a lot since I started programming, I'm no longer even interested in making a great 3D game, because I know how long it would take and that I'm probably not up to making one yet. I get a great feeling of pride from making the most basic program, if it is written well.

I am King of the noobs!
zavix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2007 22:14 Edited at: 29th Jul 2007 00:25
well, the subject about prog. knowledge is answered.

but what about patience.
some people have absolutely NO patience at all
like my bro for example.

zavix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2007 03:25
I feel obligated to remind you all that the Sequel is now being thought out.

I read a very important document on building games that the developer needs to list down various details of the game. and draw maps too.

so when I find and download an Alien character entity, (soundset I can get at FPSFREE) I'll start making a MW document on:

SPACE WARS 2
rise of the shadow

zavix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2007 00:46
unlike my other projects (all the ones made in FPSC)

this game is not postponed due to lack of errors or malfunctions.

so this game is still alive and well.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2007 01:47
IT'S ALIVE!! *Evil Laugh* MY PRECIOUS IS ALIVE!

Oh right you didn't mean that literally, my apologies kind sir.

Well, though I probably won't play this, because I was never a fan of the 3D game maker, but I hope your project gives you exactly what you want from it, even if you are merely using the easiest form of game creation with the most limited means of customisation, it would be unfair for us to smite you for the fact you don't want to program, script or 3D model.

Hope this gets you started in the game creation world and gets you interesting in bigger things later so that you can have results in your games that will make you really satisfied and proud as most people who finish projects (not like me ) do/should.

Well good luck.

I shot the sheriff
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2007 02:37 Edited at: 29th Sep 2007 02:38
Quote: "but what about patience.
some people have absolutely NO patience at all
like my bro for example."

Then they shouldn't be in game development. That's like saying you have no energy but are a professional athlete. If someone wants to get seriously involved with game development they HAVE to program, because professional games are always developed by doing so. If you are more artistic or design oriented, then try to get your work into other's projects and if you come up with a good concept with good concept art you should be able to get some programmers to help you out .

Game looks decent, but is way out of proportion with the size of the rooms and everything.

EDIT: And I agree with the fact that T3DGM products shouldn't be allowed here, for the same reason as RUCCUS' analogy implies:
Quote: "Its like me buying a car and showing it off at a show where everyone else made their own cars from scratch."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 22:38:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 22:38:41