Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Other Programming languages

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Im new to darkbasic and i am a novice programmer and i was wondering if there was any other language i could use to gain a better understanding of darkbasic. I may not look at this so if you think you have a good idea please email me at MTGNecro@hotmail.com
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2003 01:53 Edited at: 14th May 2003 01:54
Probably not.

The basic commands are very standard for any basic language. But other languages will not allow you to create a 3D environment with such little effort.

You will need a great deal of effort to create a full blown app, but the learning curve is probably the best you'll get.

Thanks in advance.
All the Best,
StevieVee
CloseToPerfect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2003 02:35
"I may not look at this so if you think you have a good idea please email me at MTGNecro@hotmail.com"
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2003 10:51
The idea of a Forum is that everyone benefits from the Q & A's. Saves everyone asking the same questions time and time again.

Thanks in advance.
All the Best,
StevieVee
sicjoshsic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2003 23:58
although it's object oriented programming and darkbasic isnt, and it only supports 256 colors, and it runs in DOS, and it isn't compatible AT ALL with winXP (lol, it has a lot of problems) i highly reccomend DIV games studio. it is really easy to use, comes with great tutorials and explanations of every command, and it will give you good grounds to learn other language, as it did me (i now code DIV, db, basic windows/dos c++ and javascript, and have been programming for only 1 year. maybe not a massive achievement, but you feel like it is)

LREM 8888
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2003 00:09
I don't like DIV. It's too much like C++, and I can't stand C++, having been brought up as a Visual Basic and Dark Basic programmer.

An orange can't be a tomato but a tomato can be orange...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 07:50:38
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 07:50:38