Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / help me plz!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
can anyone help me!?!? i am trying to open a door using the make_buttuon function. I can't click on the button to open the door. If i click on the mouse either open or close it always opens.Please someone help me.
Clackersmith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2007 20:21 Edited at: 28th Mar 2007 20:21
Without any code to look at we will be unable to help you. Now I’m not 100% up to date with all the add-ons and packs out there for DB but this “make_buttuon function” sounds like a user defined function. How are we meant to know anything about it if we have never seen it before?

The inadequacies of human cognitive ability are cause for the imperfection of reality.
steel gollum
Years of Service
User Offline
if intersect object (15,limb position x(1,8),limb position y(1,8),limb position z(1,8),x#,y#,z#)

make_button(275,150,"close door")

this is the part i want to make clickable but if i set
mouseclick()=1 to the "open door"

(if intersect object (15,limb position x(1,8),limb position y(1,8),limb position z(1,8),x#,y#,z#)

make_button(270,100,"open door"))

and i want to have to click on the button.With the mouseclick it is anywhere i click.[href]null[/href]
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2007 06:57
I get the impression that you are not the person that wrote the code you are working with - if you did, you'd understand what the function did. I also have to assume that you don't understand what most of the code does.

If this is correct then it's unlikely that anyone will help as you probably wouldn't understand the advice they give you.

Are you new to programming in Dark Basic?

If so, the way you are doing things is doomed to failure. You cannot learn how to program properly this way. You need to learn the basics from the help files and tutorials - building up your knowledge a bit at a time.

Sorry if this isn't the answer you were hoping for.

TDK_Man

Kieran
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2007 10:55
i see this is code from my tutorial well i'll answer the question in there.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 21:27:01
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 21:27:01