Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / The Matrix Reloaded - Movie

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2003 15:10
The twins were in Carol Vodermans better homes program!!
The Agent Smiths were so funny when Neo flew away, they all gave slightly different reactions, some cracked their necks, some looked at each other,

Whos the father of Carrie Ann Moss's child? Keanu? She used to date him...
Is she married?
I not being mean about her cause she was very good in the film Momento, and she can act.

Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2003 15:39
Hugo's actually Australian, hence why he's in all our crappy movies

And I'd have to agree, those twin ghost/spectre guys kicked ass, the way they acted as well as looked. lol.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 03:29
Hugo is great. I haven't seen a movie he's in where I didn't like his acting.

Then again I've only seen two

The twins were excellent, refined yet ruthless. I was seriously worried about the Bro.s' sanity when I saw stills of them-- just looked too weird-- but they put it in very well.

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
aprilfan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2003 06:29
Loved the The martix reloaded saw it last weekend and can't stop thinking about the turtle holding up the world and a turtle holding up that turtle and a turtle holding up that turtle and a turtle holding up that turtle and turtles the whole way down... amkes ya wonder still loved the action and Reaves is a decent actor...

The Great Schism.- The Earths reaction to Heavons invasion.
Nilrem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2003 11:04
Anjin san that reminds me of the infinite smallness theory.

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Out There Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2003 18:28
The Matrix Reloaded sure is one mind f*** of a movie!

I especially loved the motorway scene!

However the fight scene between Neo and all those Agent Smiths (BOY does he love himself!) kind of reminded me of those old Keystone Cops movies from the silent movie era. It was supposed to be really intense but was so over-the-top that it was funny! Still great though!

Roll on Matrix III!

Yoda I talk like when drunk, yeess!
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2003 23:48
Maan, I have to type this out again ! My browser crashed when I posted it.

I think that the best bit in the Agent Smiths vs. Neo scene was when Neo ripped that pole out the ground, he just sent them all flying everywhere, they looked so satisfying to hit .

I didn't really understand the bit at the end when Neo goes to the source and speaks to the Architect, mainly because I couldn't hear him for all the noise in the row behind me (and he used confusing words ). As far as I can tell <<LOOK AWAY NOW IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE!!!>> they purposely have a flaw in the calculations of the Matrix so that a "One" can appear every so often (Neo is the sixth "One"). They then destroy Xion and use the "One" to rebuild it and start again. This is to keep the human race under control. I'm probably completekly wrong so if someone more intelligable than me could explain I'd gratly appreciate it . Thanks!!!

cuRant PRogekt: a three-de map editer
Why the hell'd you ask me for crying out loud!?!
Athelon XP 1400 Plus - Nvidia Geforce MX400 - 256mb RAM
Rose
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2003 20:12
I could be wrong, i wanna see it again, but I think Zion is created to prevent the One from destroying the matrix.

The One occurs because humans are given choice.....
He is the anomoly that could threaten the existance of the matrix, therefore the computers/ machines need some way to control him.

Everytime The One has the choice to destroy the matrix he has to choose between Zion & Trinity or choose to destroy the matrix. Everytime he chooses love, he loses, Zion is destroyed and the one is brought back to choose the new males and females to rebuild Zion for when the next anomoly occurs.

I think.....

But if the computers needed a power source why did they not just use cows instead, they're bigger providing more power and they're not likely to rebel. Also you could call it the MOOOOOOTrix

Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!
denki
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2003 20:25
"The Matrix Reloaded sure is one mind f*** of a movie!"

Actually, I'd disagree, I've seen worse.

Anyway ... Matrix.R. was a cool film, although I feel they spent more time on action than story. The twin's kicked though! In fact, the whole motorway scene did!

[url][/url]
Mortie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2003 22:08
Well I thought the whole thing was fantastic. For the first half I was thinking 'well it's pretty good, but not in the same class as the original' but after that... wow. I didn't like the fight between Neo and Smith(s) because it kept swapping into CGI mode, and the same with the superman bits which just annoyed me. The twins were awesome though, the feeling of inevitability when Trinity went into the Matrix near the end... it was Brilliant!

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2003 23:32
I don't get why people don't like CGI. You can't tell it's CG if you're not looking for it... it's just another method of special effects. Besides, that was used to excess in all the other scenes too.

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2003 01:29
just came back ... its my 4th time seeing it ...

... i'm still

Snake? What happened? Snake? Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!! - Colonel Roy Campbell

MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2003 23:42
Its a damn fine film - if only Enter The Matrix was as good...

Good news everyone! I really am THAT good...
http://www.nickk.nildram.co.uk/ for great plug-ins - oh my, yes!
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2003 00:34
Enter the matrix is a bloody good game in my opinion, it makes you look so cool !!!

Thanks Rose, your explanation makes much more sense .

cuRant PRogekt: a three-de map editer
Why the hell'd you ask me for crying out loud!?!
Athelon XP 1400 Plus - Nvidia Geforce MX400 - 256mb RAM
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2003 00:59
Looks okay, but plays like a snail in treacle...

Good news everyone! I really am THAT good...
http://www.nickk.nildram.co.uk/ for great plug-ins - oh my, yes!
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2003 02:26
Quote: "But if the computers needed a power source why did they not just use cows instead, they're bigger providing more power and they're not likely to rebel. Also you could call it the MOOOOOOTrix"
Whitch makes you wonder if they do use animals in the Martix, or maybe they were all killed off in the war before the Matrix.

Teenage Male Geek + Female Remotly Intersted in Common Geek Activities = Teenage Male Jackass
Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2003 05:37
or they made too much cloning, each time increasing their intelligence, and finally all animals of the future generation (right before the war starts) took off to another planet

Snake? What happened? Snake? Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!! - Colonel Roy Campbell

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2003 19:41
What I don't get it how these occurances can keep happening in the RW. Nobody is manipulating them...

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 00:32:14
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 00:32:14