Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / "The Ring" Official discussion (spoilers inside)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2002 06:00
This thread is to talk about all things The Ring. Personally I loved it; it was beautifuly done, especially for a horror movie. And that's the first time I've seen someone crawl out a television and have it look freaking scary. I highly recommend it, its a thinker horror but is always scary. And the plot twist is nothing short of brilliant. Thoughts?
Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2002 17:17
I started to watch it, but didn't take it seriously and stopped 5 mins into it. Shouldn't have done, I hear it's good.
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2002 19:39
I hated it... it was cheesy and had no real plot, along with having a generally bad script. Of course I only saw about half, but still...

--Mouse
Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2002 20:32
Wasn't it just called "Ring?" It's the Japanese one from the same director as Battle Royale. Battle Royale was good. Weird but Good.
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2002 00:40
No. It's a remake of the Japanese version, totally redone. And it's a new release, only in theatres, so you can't get it on video yet.

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Get the DB Weekly Newsletter at www.dbwn.cjb.net
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2002 00:41
Oh, and I am going to see it ASAP. Apperantly it's very well done.

(Need EDIT buttons!)

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2002 22:07
I saw the Japanese version around a year ago (or was it a year ++).. anyway.. god all mighty, its scared the shits outta me until now! I'm still a student and I dun have a TV in my room (i'm renting a single room) but sh*t! Whenever i turn ON my PC monitor and see my scenery wallpaper appears(my wallpaper is a scenery of beautiful tall trees and a river+waterfall)... especially when I'm alone at nite... i doubt it one of these days that d*mn monster is gonna pop out from those trees, and pop out of my PC!

I'm ready for ya freak! I got a big bat just waiting far ya at my speakers! You dun wanna see my hands around it! ARGH!(well, it freaks me somewhere around that extent)

You guys should check out that the Japanese version of The Ring has a PART 2! I saw that one too, ... and i swear to god I dun wanna be a 'surgery doctor' when I grow up, especially if I were to do operations on victims of The Ring!(hehe! Spoiler!)

Err.. is ur monitor somewhere near where u sleep? Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Snake? What happened?
Snake?
Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!! - Colonel Roy Campbell
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2002 01:45
?
A sequel eh?

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2002 02:27
I ran to ...

Oops, wrong forum! (d*mn it, i'm having so much fun with those forum!)

Yup yup! The sequel is out around a year after the first movie! You guys should check out also the latest horror movie by the same director/producer with the title "Dark Waters".... this is gruelling to the MAX about ur bathrooms, toilets and water taps dude!

I read somewhere, that this director loves making horror movie from something normal people can see everyday inside their comfy homes!

(i wonder if he thought about "The Light Switch" or "The Whispering Mineral Water Bottle"...

Snake? What happened?
Snake?
Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!! - Colonel Roy Campbell

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 20:04:06
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 20:04:06