Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Super Mario Bro's Duel Online!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2007 18:57 Edited at: 8th Apr 2007 04:11
Super Mario Duel Online! - WIP

This is my Latest Game im working on, its called Super Mario Bros Duel online. Basicaly its Bunch of Fun mini-games You have to play with another player over the net or lan. The games are similar to mario party mini games Gotta love em!. This is my first online multiplayer game so i keep the players to 2 only. I currently have 3 mini-games completed.

The first mini-game is called Treasure hunt, mario and luigi are equiped with Metal detectors and you have to try to find the golden coin in the sand!,

The second mini-game is called Good bro bad bro, one player is a theif with stealth, and night vision and the other player is a night guard with only a latern while the thief has to try and steal money, the guard has to try and catch the thief..not so easy tho in the dark
*some games im thinking of axing, and this may be one of them*

The latest one is Monkey-toss remember that annoying monkey that stole your hat in mario 64! now you get to toss a whole load of them across shark invested waters! oh yea! well basicaly you spin the monkey round by the tail *like with bowser in M64* and let go when you think he is in the right direction to land on an island! if he lands safetly you get a point and if he falls in the lake they get eating by sharks! but u dont get a point...either way! u still win! gotta be satisfyied to watch the little b*****d die.

Hopefully when im done i will have a good amount of fun mini games!. If anyone has any mini-game idea's they may want to post feel free too.

-owen

LINK TO A SMALL VIDEO OF MONKEY TOSS BEING PLAYED ONLINE WITH ANOTHER PLAYER.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XphRxYdGMDo
Crazy Ninja
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2007 01:55
Hey thats pretty cool. I don't think you will be able to finish the game if you're planning on using mario and luigi. Although a simple name and model fix should make it good to go. Hope you finish and best of luck!

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2007 04:11
Your models could use some work, but definitely looks like a great start. I seriously doubt Nintendo will send you a c&d, though less people will bug you if you make your own.

I hope you finish this, it looks pretty interesting.

Crazy Ninja
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2007 12:37
Quote: "I seriously doubt Nintendo will send you a c&d"

Ok i'm not totally sure on the copyright issues.

Would be cool if you had a fireball shooting game, where target would appear and you would have to shoot it before the other guy.

Darkowen
Years of Service
User Offline
ooooo the fire ball game sounds good, haha maybe get some one innocent like a bunch of Toad's to be used as targets , would nintendo even care ? i wont be selling or making profit from my game..do they care that ur making a game with there characters?, its not as if its gonna take people away from the real games.
Crazy Ninja
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2007 15:04 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2007 15:04
Quote: "would nintendo even care ? i wont be selling or making profit from my game..do they care that ur making a game with there characters?, its not as if its gonna take people away from the real games."

Ya i think it's all right now. I think it would be better to wait for someone more experienced to tell you about it than me, cause I really have virtually no experience in that field(but keep working on your game in the mean time).

Burning toads, FUN!

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2007 23:21 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2007 23:24
Nintendo's policy on this issue as far as I can tell is that while they don't encourage fan games, unless your project becomes extremely well known or super popular, you wont get a c&d. You WILL get a c&d though if you try to sell it, or try to make it appear that Nintendo is in on your game.

So basically, this and the thousand other fan games will go unnoticed, except for the few which are commercial quality.

Edit: don't make too many fan games though, you can do a lot more when you develop original ones.

Zombie 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 00:15
i like it, good work mate. keep it up.

Darkowen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2007 04:06 Edited at: 8th Apr 2007 04:18
I added a small video of monkey-toss being played Online, Youtube may take a bit of time to process my video so keep checking

*its up at the first post^*
Shadow heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2007 02:00
it looks real good, keep updating

to the ones thats trapped inside of you, this is it!!
AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2007 02:48
Nice job

Shadow heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2007 23:39
keep updating :_]

to the ones thats trapped inside of you, this is it!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 20:27:03
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 20:27:03