Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / RPG NPC audio voiceover pack from ARTERIA

Author
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Apr 2007 15:13

One thing time and time again we are asked for at Arteria to compliment the music packs and 3d media are voice actor packs for NPC characters. Therefore we have just launched a pack containing 70 vocal samples, of popular RPG based phrases, from your market stall characters, to a character of nobility.

The pack contains MP3, OGG and WAV files for you to use, royalty free after the one time cost of $40.

http://www.arteria-gaming.com/npc_voiceoverpack.html

tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2007 15:29
You'll probably get more purchases if you post on the DBP board. Although It does sound quite nice. Is there a limit to what engines you can use this in?

The Kalspher forums are now open!
Stevie
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Apr 2007 15:35
No limit at all - thats why ive provided the 3 formats. These can be used in any game engine

Steve
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2007 17:18 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2007 17:19
I think $40 is vastly over-priced. Also, you're gonna find it hard selling that with only 5 samples.

AE

tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2007 17:27 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2007 19:12
Some people use different prices for different engines. For Fpsc; you won't see anyone paying any more than $20 per pack; thats because alot of us are only kids. although actually $40 means its about 60 cents a vocal; which is good if your a commercial developer. But really here in FPSC your not ganna get $40 for those kinds of sounds as it is hard to make an FPSC RPG anyway.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2007 18:36
Quote: "But really here in FPSC your not ganna get $40 for those kinds of sounds as it is hard to make an FPSC RPG anyway."

Let's start with part a of your argument.
I do believe that there are very few,if any,FPSC users that are willing to spend $40 for this.Not because of the quality but because of the price.
As far as part b of your argument you are wrong.You can make an RPG with FPSC...the simplest way would be to change the entities from modern day (or whatever) to medieval (or whatever period you wish).
I do wish Steve luck on his pack and I know he does high quality work.Please let non FPSC forum members and people that use other engines know about this pack.That will increase your sales potential.

tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2007 19:11 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2007 19:15
Just because a game is set in the medieval times does not make it an rpg. A proper Emmersive RPG is quite hard to do in fpsc thats all (mainly because of the fact you can't backtrack and have to go level 1, level 2,level 3).Those wishing to make rpg's would ussually just choose a different engine (like me). Anyway lets not argue; I was just saying that he would get more sales if you posted about this on the DBP boards.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2007 19:58
I am currently working on an RPG made with FPSC.I do agree that he might have had better luck posting it on the DBP board but it is also FPSC related media and he is within his rights to post it here if he wishes.
I also think there are other engines that are better suited to make an RPG.I am just choosing FPSC for my choice this time around.
At any rate I wish Steve the best of luck on selling this pack.

tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2007 20:01
I wasn't saying he posted in the wrong place; it was just a suggestion to get him more sales

Quote: "I wish Steve the best of luck on selling this pack"

I do too

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2007 20:43
Im sorry to say this, but your voice acting skills are appalling..

Lewis From OsborneCreations.co.uk
Nowdie
Years of Service
User Offline
look to be honest..the voices aren't very great and for the pack to cost 40$, much like other stuff on your website, that vastly over priced..not tryng to free-load but that's more community quality.
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2007 06:47
Most people that are making RPGs will never see this thread. I only saw it because every now and then I search for threads with 'rpg' in the title.

That being said, I think that this pack could use some work. The samples did not compel me to buy anything. Perhaps you should contract out a real voice actor for the work, then sell the resulting pack. It would probably cost you a couple hundred dollars to do, and I think that you could profit by selling it for the right price.

I'd only use these voices in a parody game, and for $40 I could just record them myself.

Come see the WIP!
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2007 08:31
I haven't checked out the stuff myself but I think that he probably should have posted this in a different place to get better sales and he is charging to much for it.
But it's his choice to post this here and how much he charges...
Cash,did you hit the wrong button or something?
You usually don't visit us here...
It's nice to see someone from outside the FPSC multiverse pop in and post once in a while.

Red Stone Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 00:18
Quote: "royalty free after the one time cost of $40."

That's way to over priced take it to like $20 and if it's $40 i would pay if it was like 90 voice clips, but VERY nice voice acting!

Visit www.freewebs.com/earth2124fallofman for all the info!
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 19:39 Edited at: 6th Apr 2007 19:40
@FredP -

I poke around FPSC every now and then, sometimes there are interesting things. I don't often say anything because I don't own FPSC and wouldn't really have anything useful to contribute.

I found this thread, though, by doing a thread search for 'rpg'. Every now and then I do that to see what other people are working on.

Quote: "but VERY nice voice acting!"

Come see the WIP!
Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 20:18 Edited at: 6th Apr 2007 21:09
Mod edit:
If you want to advertise a service please do so in your own thread and quit spamming this one.

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2007 02:00
to mod:

i wasnt advertising, just proving that voicework should be free.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2007 02:16
That's your opinion.You logic does not make sense.
If I follow along those lines of logic then all media should be free and I have no right to charge for my work.
What you did was offere a competing service or product in someone else's thread.That is spamming.
That would be like me going to Burger King and telling everybody there to go get a Big Mac.
How you do not see it as spam is beyond me.
Either way...don't do it anymore in this thread.
Do this in your own thread(s).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 10:30:12
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 10:30:12