Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Help with water

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a basic idea of how to make water, but it doesn't look very good. I've been using a plane with a very bad water texture and made it transparent. Does anyone know how to make semi-realistic looking water or at least have a decent looking texture? Also I tried to make it reflect slightly with SET REFLECTION SHADING ON but that just made it look like a mirror...
zeddex2
Years of Service
User Offline
you have this way, create a matrix, texture your matrix, make a code of around 200lines to make curve into your matrix, add a shader or ghost your matrix. and now you have a nice looking water.

I made taht 1 time and that was eally wow, ( i found de 200 line matrix modifier in this forum, use search and write water

good luck

If you can, I can!
zeeenza
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried searching but I couldn't find anything in-depth about using a matrix for water. I'm not very good at programming matrices and I don't have any software that does it. Plus is there a way to animate it?
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2007 20:20
First of all, look here!

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=23169&b=7

Secondly, water matrix example attached to this post.

TDK_Man

Attachments

Login to view attachments
zeeenza
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "First of all, look here!

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=23169&b=7"

Okay, sorry. I'm using DBP.

Anyway the water matrix looks great. Thanks a lot! Just wondering though...Is there any way to make it flow more evenly rather than randomly?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 21:19:50
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 21:19:50