Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] Nanogames - Paid Work

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi All , I have permission from Rick to post this following piece.

We have a project running currently.
Mercury, it has already been "optioned" by a publisher and is definately being released.

We require a bucketload of additional Artwork, Game models for this
Project however and are opening this up to the forum.

The budget for the assets is curently 1500 USD , but if the optional assets are added, we are prepared to bump up the payment to 2500 USD, This amount will be paid via paypal or direct money transfer (Terms and timeline can be decided once job has been accepted.)

The project will run on the new FPSC X 10 Engine and need to be configured appropriately.
This is our flagship title guys and we really need it to look amazing.

Assets:

5 Weapons:
Basically, high tech space era weapons.
Autopistol(Machinepistol)
Assault rifle
Assault Shotgun
Grenade launcher
Heavy Machinegun.

All of them obviously need to look like they are used by the same military, in other words they need to look more or less like a set.
No strange colors or weird geometry.

Secondly

3 Character types:
One basic enemy (Looking almost like the assault marines from Final fantasy spirits within - the guys with the cool helmets etc.)
Advanced enemy (Either that or a disfigured mutated enemy unit, perhaps with a little gore, some different body proportions.)
One cybernetic unit, (Completely robotic)
I'll need one high res render of each model as well, for cover and print uses.

I'll retexture as needed on my side to give them some variation.

Thirdly

Some basic spaceship entities

Hanging conduit cables
Also a ground entity of this would be very handy
Some robotic equipment (Manufacturing arms etc)
Cryostasis tubes
LArge space piping
etc,
I'm basically open to any suggestions you might have, this title takes place onboard a ship experimenting with advanced cybernetic research and shold obviously reflect that.

Optional

Weapons
EMP Grenades
Emp Cannon

Characters

Combat droid, big bad and a lot like one of the old ABC warrior robots from 200 ad.

The timeline is unfortunately a really short period and starting immediately , we'll need the bulk ofthe assets end of April , withthe balance the last week and a half of May.

Any interested parties should please contact me directly at
IME.Software(AT)gmail.com

We hope that we will be able to find someone to work with on this project.
More details can be supplied .
Thanks All
Flame On !!!

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2007 16:36 Edited at: 4th Apr 2007 18:35
so your paying 1500usd for this? wow, i wish i could character model lol

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
ZAKU
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, yes , but we are prepared to UP the pay,ent to 2500, depending on what the artist needs and on the timframe.

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2007 16:50
Wowzers a nice deal , i doubt anyone in their right mind would flame you when your offering 1500-2500$ for models lol

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
ZAKU
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, hopefully somone will get back to us, we haven't receivedany responses yet.
LOL

Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2007 17:02
Will the weapons be totally made up or will they be based on modern weapons, with some modifications to make them look more "futuristic"?

ZAKU
Years of Service
User Offline
well, think along the lines of the enforcer pistols from unreal tournament , that same boxy feel, a set of these , perhaps heavily modified weapons would not look out of place amongst sci fi environmets

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2007 17:28
Quote: "IME.Software(AT)gmail.com"

you have that high of a budget, but can't get your own website to host this on? It will look a little weird if the technical help address is a gmail. I would get your own website to make it look more professional.

"I admire its purity, a survivor, unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality"

AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2007 22:24
well, he has a flash website, but it wasn't coded or animated by him, it was one of those "templates" that you choose when you join the website company. (like freewebs)

Wish I could model. Lol.

Whispers-A medieval fantasy game coming soon, by Axifer Designs.
MonT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2007 23:01
I could do some of that media for you for free as i would rather get my work out in games to submit it in my profile when applying for college.

Email me if your interested in my offer, my mail is pyrogame@pyrogames.org

http://www.pyrogames.org
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2007 01:20
What if you don't like the media we sent you? And what would you want with the guns (shaders, or just normal textures)?

ZAKU
Years of Service
User Offline
Well , firstly, We do have our own website, Explaining the current situation would be pointless though, chedk out our info on the other Threads relating to this,
We use the Gmail Account as a central online point for everyone here to handle outsourced business.
(This is a personal preference)

MonT, Send me a few pics, I'll take a look at what you can do.
Inspire, We would obviously take a look at the very first object we work on for this project and depending on the success of this we'll continue.

Trinity Pictures
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2007 14:39 Edited at: 5th Apr 2007 14:40
I'll make some entities. (I can't do characters or weapons cause' I really suck at animation). Please send me an e-mail, ZAKU.

EDIT:
Actually, if you have an animator, I will make you the weapons.

Artist/Modellor of Encrypto Studios

Logo made at http://www.grsites.com/logo
filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2007 21:58
Dang!! This is so tempting If only I could model well enough, I would have jumped at this offer!!!

Wonder why the good modellers haven't offered their services? (may be they have, through email...)

-- game dev is fun...but taking up too much time --
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice when i'll get good at modelling i could sell mine for £100

Muhahahah!
Quote: "CHEAP AS CHIPS!"

LOL!!!

PLS JOIN I really do
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2007 22:22
Are the weapons going to have hands? If so what would the hands look like?

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2007 22:50
OF,
Youd have to model the hands. He needs about 6 guns all being sci looking and he needs someone to crank these out in 1 months time. He also needs characters.

He sent me this offer like 3-4 days ago. I don't have the time to do it myself....and it's not that I'm rich, but I don't need 1500$ bad enough to make me stop what I'm doing and crunch all these models in a months time. This is my hobby, and not how my life is supported.

Zaku I hope you received my letters, with the only people I'd consider for a job of this size. I still think 1 month is not enough time for all the models you need.

But good luck
Loc

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah in all honesty one month is not nearly enought time to produce pro quality assets. And a pro freelancer wouldn't touch this job with a ten foot pole. Even if it could get done in a month's time, $1500 wouldn't cover the costs of living for a month, mortgage payments, food, electricity, etc.

Your best bet would be to try and find a college student who just wants some extra cash and doesn't do this for a living, most freelancers who do this for a living charge between $300-$600 per day, knowing that they probably won't have steady work the entire year.

You're really taking a big chance on someone who says, "I'll do this for peanuts (or free)", if you're counting on them to hit a deadline or not get bored or apathetic with the project.

Not trying to be mean at all, but maybe if you were able to get the $2500 it would be a more attractive job.

----------------------------------------
"Your mom goes to college."
My FPSC stuff at http://www.hyrumark.com
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 03:29
Problem is Bond, would a Collage student have time to make all these models and make them at a level deserving of a commercial game? Classes? School work? Toga parties?....Where dose one find the time for a lil over 350$ a week?

Cherd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 03:48
sounds like a job for jon fletcher, i mean hes looking to go pro last i heard, and he has the ability, im sure for $1500 he could find the time to add to his portfolio lol

filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 09:05
Quote: "would a Collage student have time to make all these models and make them at a level deserving of a commercial game?"

For the first part, the answer is a "Hell YES!!". I am studying for my full time Masters too, but never have been so caught up with studies to not spend 2-3 hours a day on gaming and game-dev!

For the second part, thats the problem Unless you go to a school/college where they teach you such stuff...I guess you wouldn't be able to produce commercial quality work in such less a time.

-- game dev is fun...but taking up too much time --
ZAKU
Years of Service
User Offline
Guys,
All of this is has been approached in roughly the wrong way , I must admit.
When I put this job posting up I made the mistake of posting amounts as well, this should have been done using a quote system.
The trouble is unfortunately that 1500 USD, Converted in our local Currency is actually what most modelers work for here, and While I do understand that this amount is a paltry sum for PRO's, the guys currently working on our projects are regarded as such as well.
(We have lead designers working for 2000 USD here.)

OP, Yes the models will need hands
LOC, thanks yes , I have gotten your mails and appreciate your insight.
Bond, while I fully understand that this is the way that you approach freelancing, or most people do in your neck of the woods, the problem with stating prices based on monthly expenses is simple, and I'm speaking from personal experience freelancing for quite some time, that there is always someone out there who pays less rent etc and can underquote you.

I'm actually fairly surprised at the response, none of the pro guys here have replied, except for LOC, with anything but contempt for the work offerred.
Instead of simply stating that the payment was insufficient , why not simply say that this specific amount is what is required.

This is in part my own fault for stating a starting price, but in all honesty I do not have the time to barter back and forth and would have appreciated a more upfront approach.

That said , I hope that any interested party will follow this course , although I have received an offer already , put to me as "We Can do this for this much " and I'm currently leaning towards taking it.

Thanks to everyone who has replied, due to the nature of the deadline, we will only continue entertaining offers until SAT 07 April

ZAKU
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 14:50 Edited at: 6th Apr 2007 14:51
Hi All, in actual fact we've just signed a work arrangement for the entire project.

The agreed prce for all assets needed was 3820 USD and the offer was accepted.
Thanks to everyone who replied, both on the forums and via mail.

On a more personal note, to the guys who offered to make some of the static entities just to get their name on the credits of a released game, Send me what you have, along with your details.

I'll go through everything and the best couple of models will be used as once off items and the authors credited ingame.
Obviously this is a favour we're doing the community and should any debate arise from our doing so (this includes debates on Stealing, Exploiting the poor, causing unjust agrivation etc) we reserve the right to retract this offer.

Thanks

Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 18:16 Edited at: 6th Apr 2007 18:17
Gotta warn you, I put out a similar request a while back.
Everyone who responded flaked out. If you're project is
time sensitive. Get someone who has references or a reputation
for delivering. Anyone can say they'll deliver.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 19:03
Quote: "I'm actually fairly surprised at the response, none of the pro guys here have replied, except for LOC, with anything but contempt for the work offerred."

I read the whole post, and found no "contempt" whatsoever, only opinions given in a helpful way. Perhaps it's just that you were expecting something totally different.

Anyway, best of luck with the project and I hope you'll keep us informed.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 20:44
I didn't read any contempt either. Good luck in your endeavors.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 21:08
I think these guys were just honest with you about how much it costs and what people can do for you.
Nobody here said they were too good to do the project or anything like that.
And you have to consider that you set a tight deadline.
If you figure we have a modeling competition where they give us a month for one model that should tell you the amount of time it would take for all of the media you requested.
I do whish you luck in whatever you are doing and I hope it works out..
Kudos to you for offereing to pay a decent/realistic amount of money and not the $5 per character that some funny people have offered around here.

ZAKU
Years of Service
User Offline
Guys, I'm not referring to any messages here, I got some strange and negative replies via mail, sorry if the atatement was misconstrued as directed at any of the members here.
I won't further damage this board by posting these mails but the guys who sent them know who they are.

We are pretty excited about the project as a whole and will be running a second one of these in the near future.
In the meantime I'll be updating this lightning development and providing some updates , keep a look out on the Showcase board.

Oh BTW, Happy easter to everyone!!

Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2007 18:12 Edited at: 8th Apr 2007 18:14
What do people on here charge for a fully custom and rigged model btw.

I charge between $2000 - $3000 for website work and I honestly think that building models and such is far more difficult.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2007 20:29
As someone that dose both. A good model will take longer from conception to ingame screen shots then a site. Most site work your not reinventing the wheel. The codes out there and you know how to accomplish what you want, and if you don't it can be looked up and scripts copied and adapted. Every custom models starts with a blank screen and zero resources.

Mind you I don't claim to be a pro at either. But I'm not real bad.

I'm not saying every model is like this. I did the School Daze pack in 3 days with no animations and textures I didn't agonize over. My Berletta92 with over 500 layers, completely hand painted, in just the gun texture, let alone the modeling and animations, along with the retextuing of the hands and rigging, took me a wile to complete.

The work Zaku needs is much more the later, more involved product.

butyouman
Years of Service
User Offline
ill try to make a gun or 2 for 50 bux a gun

Slipknot Rules
Shadow heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2007 06:09
hey I can give you some textures. I will put up a cataloge of examples of my textures if u want.

to the ones thats trapped inside of you, this is it!!
badger king
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2007 22:16 Edited at: 13th Apr 2007 16:03
glad you found some modellers zaku i am guessing your the mercury product on the alten8 website, good move those guys are getting to be a big company very fast anyone else who wants thier game published i would go to alten8 they are pretty fair and considering you game gets on amazon ussually as well its got to be worth a try

Hells Earth coming may 2007
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2007 23:17
ZAKU, when I went on your website I saw all those nice looking renders for your games. If you got people to do them, then can't those people make the guns for you? I know you have some modellers now but I was just wondering.

ZAKU
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi All,
B - Thanks, But we have sorted out our current Requirements.
Shadow 'Heart - 'May 'I 'see 'some 'of 'your 'textures?

Opposing Force,Unfortunately all of our Inhouse guys are working fulltime on two produvts we have to deliver to publishers within the next three weeks.
If this was not the case we would have used them.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 15:28
QUOTE - it has already been "optioned" by a publisher and is definitely being released

Optioned sounds like look at, not green lit
Id be careful with publishers, they can run you on a proper trail to no where, they are very shifty people and talk a lot of BS, be very careful, and do not start paying for stuff and hiring until after you have a signed a contract, because it don't mean zip until you have one signed, id even say its not worth zip until the money is in the bank. Id be interested in exactly what they have said to you, be careful here is the advise I would give to you, a publishers promises mean NOTHING.
ZAKU
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the concern.
The title was on optioned status , but a contract was signed and everything is now in order.

Dr Distracto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2007 13:50 Edited at: 21st May 2007 13:54
I suggest you contact john fletcher (creator of redcore, corepaks, and one of the model packs, 5 or 6, i dont remember) he is a great modeler, well of course he is, he is a professional, its his career

but if you have seen his work then you will want to ask him if he will accept

I also suggest Locrian and the 3d design group

I also suggest:
Wehtam
Inspire
Domray
rolfy

but thats about it, those are the best i have seen so far
but if you can, you should try john fletcher, his art is amazing

EDIT: for your weapons, i suggest john fletcher or Errent ai and his partner
Smitho
Years of Service